Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dream situation for the FA/Premier League. Utd struggling to get into the CL they needed help and they got it. I don't know the rules anymore.
And this is why so many are getting fed up with the game at this level. First the obscene money, now VAR making as many errors as it’s correcting. Imo, it’s very simple ........the onfield ref goes to view the monitor, no-one else should be involved. Then we know exactly who made the decision. i.e. there’s accountability.

Active and inactive. That’s the rule

When Sigurdsson moved his legs at the last second so the ball could go past him, he became active and therefore his offside position was deemed to have had even a 1% influence in the goal, which is sufficient to disallow.

You couldn’t step over or dummy a shot in that position, as you’d be offside, what Sigurdsson did was no different.

De Gea’s position, the trajectory of the ball , whether it would have gone in or not, are all totally irrelevant to the decision.
Wrong again.

Loved that total bell Maguire criticising the linesman for not putting his flag up at the time of the incident. Talk about biting the hand that feeds - especially as he, along with Fred, wouldn't have been on the pitch at the end of the game but for the officials ignoring virtually every snide move they made.

But it has all helped in getting me mentally ready for the derby: even if we play well enough to beat the RS, we won't be allowed to win.

Is it that you didn't watch much Everton under Silva or you don't watch much Everton under Ancelotti?
Bit of a strange thing to say from a so called Everton fan that really, when we have improved so much and have so many more shots a game,while the goal should have stood and if not its a pen,either way everton done out of a decision twice in one go-for me anyway based on the reason give.

Is it that you didn't watch much Everton under Silva or you don't watch much Everton under Ancelotti?

I have seen every game under Carlo home and away and we are far from boring at all. I actually found yesterdays game, Arsenal as well, as very entertaining. Part of watching EFC these days is we just dont know what's going to happen. We are scoring plenty of goals and obviously we need to work on the defensive side of things, which will be addressed in the summer. We are far from boring and dull

Not read all this since I was on yesterday fuming about the disallowed goal.

However, another example of the refs sheer incompetence is the Sidibe yellow for coming back on. Clearly the linesman should have been dealing with that better and for him to get a yellow for at worst, a misunderstanding, it’s absolutely appalling.

Nothing is going to get us the points back and to be honest I hope Kavanagh isn’t banned just so he can be so bad for others teams. I’d just hope we make such a fuss about how poor he was that the FA can’t let him ref another of our games for a while.

Not read all this since I was on yesterday fuming about the disallowed goal.

However, another example of the refs sheer incompetence is the Sidibe yellow for coming back on. Clearly the linesman should have been dealing with that better and for him to get a yellow for at worst, a misunderstanding, it’s absolutely appalling.

Nothing is going to get us the points back and to be honest I hope Kavanagh isn’t banned just so he can be so bad for others teams. I’d just hope we make such a fuss about how poor he was that the FA can’t let him ref another of our games for a while.

Forgotten about the Sidibe yellow. No idea if the linesman waved him back on but he insisted point blank he hadnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.