Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get the CM we need and its still a 442 then one of Gomes or Gbamin misses out
I know we need a squad but I cant see us spending big on a squad player
Maybe 2 new wingers ,a CB and a RB

Priority number one: get Sigurdsson out and bring in 2 midfielders that can pass a ball under pressure. And retain possession when pressured. Basically all the things our current midfielders sans Gomes can't do.

• I'd be happy with Max Aarons with Coleman as back-up - don't buy Sidibe and potentially sell Kenny for £10-15m to Schalke or loan for another season.
  • Agree with a previous poster about that Gabriel and keeping Gibson as 4th choice; sell Keane. A PL club will sign him for £20m.
  • Could Gibson and Delph cover left back. We are never going to sign someone to rotate with Digne, and I think we should avoid signing backups completely. The days of Lars Jacobsen and Eddy Bosnar or gone... forever!
  • Gomes, Gbamin, Delph, Davies + Allan (if Carlo really wants him). Preference would be someone younger, but also think it should be someone mobile enough to work in a 4-4-2; most weeks will be outnumbered.
  • Right-wing - Think this is the big one. Over to you Brands and Carlo. Lozano would be good, but I'd like better!
  • Striker - if a top one is available go all out.

5 first team player signings - £150m-ish

Sell Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Sandro, Walcott, Keane, Sigurdsson

Release Baines, The Clown, The Prince, The Stek.

The above is c. £800k a week. If we sign 5 first teamers for £600-700k a week we actually save on wages! We "could" bring in £60m+ in sales as well.

Two very interesting scenarios emerging with Kenny and Gibson.

KENNY: Does Kenny return and then what happens with Sidibe + Coleman? Kenny gives us a player under Home Grown rules which is a benefit and has potential to improve.

Even as a consistent 'average' performer id take him in the squad and move on Coleman + decline on Sidibe.

Right back is becoming a key concern for us.

GIBSON: Does he go on loan to the championship next season or does he return as backup to Digne and 4th choice centre back?

Its an unknown at the moment but would we benefit more from saving money on 2 signings (LB/CB) or have a potentially far superior player returning from a season in the championship?

How about Chiesa for 50m
Regarded as a promising young prospect, Chiesa is a talented, fast, skillful, and hardworking player, with good technique, a short stature, and a slender build. He usually plays as a right winger, a position which enables him to beat opponents with the ball, cut into the centre, and shoot on goal from outside the area with his stronger right foot, although he is also an accurate striker of the ball with his left foot; he is also capable of creating chances for teammates as well as scoring goals himself. He is also known for his defensive contribution off the ball, and has been deployed anywhere along the front line, as well as in several midfield positions, most frequently as either an attacking or central midfielder, although he has also been used as a main or second striker on occasion.[32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40]

Back in June, soon after his purchase of Fiorentina, Commisso said Chiesa would not be sold "even for €100 million (£85 million)."
I have a feeling we will splash huge on some Italian. Chiesa, Maldini or Tonali.

Chiesa makes sense if we are looking for a top right winger.
Maldini has 1 Serie A appearance this season

. Brescia declined the offer, as they want to earn at least €80 million from the sale of Tonali, and are hoping for a bidding war between the interested Italian clubs as well as foreign sides like Paris Saint Germain and Atletico Madrid.

Tonali would be the best signing we could make from Italy. Id have faith in Ancelotti turning him into a world class player and the fulcrum of our side.

£70-£75mil I would not have an issue with even if it meant we would need to be more 'careful' with expenditure on other players.

This type of potential (as were seeing with Richarlison and to a lesser extent DCL) wins us games on their own...

I seen a link with another Italian right winger Orsolini. Don’t know much about him like. But it wouldn’t surprise me if we sign a young Italian player
Orsolini is a physically strong and fast-paced winger, who excels in one on one situations due to his excellent dribbling ability. Although he is naturally left-footed, he prefers to play on the right flank, in either a 4–3–3 or 4–2–3–1 formation, a position which allows him to cut into the centre and shoot on goal with his stronger foot.[9][10][11]
Have you sen this lad play ??

Orsolini has a facial sneer similar to Richarlison and Mirallas...very direct player and for me, looks to play a similar way to Richarlison...

Id definitely be interested in him and wouldnt expect an enormous fee compared to others we could sign...

Tonali + Orsolini and the midfield is looking threatening and stronger from day 1 next season.

I wonder if we'll be going for Aarons or Meunier this summer...both could be exciting for different reasons...Emerson at Betis also an interesting option.

Status
Not open for further replies.