Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orsolini is a physically strong and fast-paced winger, who excels in one on one situations due to his excellent dribbling ability. Although he is naturally left-footed, he prefers to play on the right flank, in either a 4–3–3 or 4–2–3–1 formation, a position which allows him to cut into the centre and shoot on goal with his stronger foot.[9][10][11]

I have no idea how good he is or what he would cost but seems to be the type of player we are looking for
Did not work out for him at Juve
That does sound like the profile of a player that fits our system, tbf. Never seen the lad play as far as I can recall so he could be utter bobbins but the link makes sense.

Italian league midfielders make me nervous. That league is so much slower.

It depends on which team you are looking at: I would say a considerable number of teams adopt a high tempo counter and direct football. Similar to what we are doing. The league is not what we see a decade ago when you would fall asleep watching any match.

It depends on which team you are looking at: I would say a considerable number of teams adopt a high tempo counter and direct football. Similar to what we are doing. The league is not what we see a decade ago when you would fall asleep watching any match.
The level of pressing is much less intense than it is here and for midfielders that's the key skill. Being able to handle pressure and still move the ball consturctively separates the top teams.

It isn't impossible to find in Italy, Jorginho is one of the best, but I'd say it is possibly to succeed without those abilities, which is why I say it makes me nervous.

The level of pressing is much less intense than it is here and for midfielders that's the key skill. Being able to handle pressure and still move the ball consturctively separates the top teams.

It isn't impossible to find in Italy, Jorginho is one of the best, but I'd say it is possibly to succeed without those abilities, which is why I say it makes me nervous.

like I say it really depends on which team. I’ve watched Fiorentina vs Milan and the pressing was dire on Fiorentina part. Milan simply did what they want with the ball and the build up was slow due to a lack of pressure.

go back a couple of weeks and watch Lazio vs inter and you’d be surprise by the intensity and pressing throughout 90mins. The league in general is quite physical and the pace is not slow.

Last edited:
We need left-footers.
Orsolini is a physically strong and fast-paced winger, who excels in one on one situations due to his excellent dribbling ability. Although he is naturally left-footed, he prefers to play on the right flank, in either a 4–3–3 or 4–2–3–1 formation, a position which allows him to cut into the centre and shoot on goal with his stronger foot.[9][10][11]
Have you sen this lad play ??

Have you sen this lad play ??

Yes, good player. I'm a fan of left-footed right wingers. We deffo need some lefties though as they just look better.

Maybe Ancelotti is fooling us all, maybe he's only playing 4-4-2 because of the tools he has, maybe we'll bring in a boss B2B midfielder in this summer and it'll be him, Andre and JPG behind DCL, Rich and Kean. Goals galore. Fantastico.

Status
Not open for further replies.