New Everton Stadium Discussion

Everyone knows we have had a dodgy past regarding stadium moves but it isn't hard to see this is chalk and cheese different. Before we were reliant on which way the wind blew, banking on everyone else to carry us there. This is all on us and while things can happen that you can never foresee at the start, we are miles better placed than any previous attempt.

Funding won't be an issue, if Mosh slaps down 100 million + upfront, the financiers will see that as a large enough commitment to know it's pretty safe. How many people would hand over that much money and then not see it built or default on the payments so the banks take ownership of the stadium. Not going to happen.

Perfectly summed up

I can understand @davek issues, concerns, reticence, however things like Dan Meis' involvement, Moshiri, Usmanov in the background it just feels different.

It feels professional, like someone knows what they are doing. Every time I go past the Kings Dock I just think about what could have been

DK had PP + funding model in place + public and private partners + land preparation + compulsory purchases made. It got to the very last stage in the process before diggers were on site. It was knocked back by the decision of one man. Another man in another government months later would have said yes.

THAT'S how close we were with a Kirkby stadium. Compare that to where we are right now.

Get real no on wanted to go out side the city and certainly not Kirkby.( except BK trying it on the cheap with Tesco.)

Superb exactly where I was hoping it'd be. Did you see this on a document? I want to look at the details you see.

It is down in the PP documents as Engine house.

Screenshot_20200222-121841_Chrome.jpg

To be fair it isn't as explicit as it is in other parts where it says it will be used as a cafe and museum. Hard to remember where I read that though when you trawl through pdf after pdf.

In this document it says its use may include, but hopefully it will give you a flavour.

Perfectly summed up

I can understand @davek issues, concerns, reticence, however things like Dan Meis' involvement, Moshiri, Usmanov in the background it just feels different.

It feels professional, like someone knows what they are doing. Every time I go past the Kings Dock I just think about what could have been
Same here what a location that would have been. But as an alternative BMD will do. Think this area will become the new Baltic triangle

DK had PP + funding model in place + public and private partners + land preparation + compulsory purchases made. It got to the very last stage in the process before diggers were on site. It was knocked back by the decision of one man. Another man in another government months later would have said yes.

THAT'S how close we were with a Kirkby stadium. Compare that to where we are right now.

Yes Dave now we actually have to pay for the stadium ourselves, after all it was practically free off Tesco back then. In the real world, we are actually light years ahead with this stadium move as its not a pipe dream in Bill Kenwright's and your mind. We actually have money Dave lots of it.