Votes: 265 33.5%
  • Top 10

Votes: 315 39.8%
  • Bottom half

Votes: 47 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that it, has your account been hacked.Where are all the nice words I normally have to Google.I have not learnt anything off that post I'm disappointed.
I can only imagine that at the time of my posting, I was afflicted with a transient bout of hebetude.
Please accept my apologies Billy...

I've been looking at all the remaining fixtures that involve Chelsea, Sheffield Utd, Tottenham, Wolves, ourselves and Man Utd. By the time we play at Arsenal the games played will be:

Villa v Tottenham
Chelsea v Man Utd
Chelsea v Tottenham
Sheffield Utd v Brighton
Man Utd v Watford
Wolves v Norwich

I'd imagine Sheffield Utd and Wolves will win but Chelsea could help us out and Watford could nick a point at OT. Regardless, the league table will make interesting reading come KO at Arsenal.

I know we have some tricky games coming up but, apart from Sheffield Utd, all the others have a few too and will be taking points of each other. It'll make a difference to have six-pointers at the top, rather the bottom.

So do I now. I think I'll make it the first word in my next cryptic crossword. Thanks @deipnosophist ;)

Actually, now I've looked it up, I'll make DEIPNOSOPHIST the second word
Done.

Now all I have to do is write the clues

We have a few tough games ahead, but they’re 6 pointers! Could well be in with a shout, or way out of it... come the f*** on Everton!!

Think we will finish top ten. Liverpool game is the toughest. But at goodison we can beat anyone. Other games it depends which Everton turn up. Hopefully the players will be sensing Europe is a definite possibly. Happy with our attack at last we have some pace which can win you tight games. Midfield isnt great. Most concern for me is the defence which can look really good most of the time but then can have 5 to 10 where panic sets in. Corners and high balls into the defence are still as concern also.

I've gone from 9th-ish, to 7th-ish, now I'm going all in for 4th...but I'd settle for 5th and no -ish

Last time we did 4th were out of the traps at a sprint - for the first half of the season - until mad tommy left (I'm still not sure they didn't really mean Carsley)
Then we struggled to get to the finish, we did eventually - just.

This time, we got stuck in the starting stalls and were basically crap for the first half of the season.
We got lucky and the rest of the field that matters to us...the inconsistent mid-tablers...from Chelsea down, slowed up, we found a second, consistent wind and are now storming up the outside...it may yet come down to a GD photo.
Over to you Carlo
One game at a time.

1st Liverpool
2nd City
3rd Leicester
4th Spurs

5th Sheffield Utd
6th Chelsea

7th Man Utd
8th Everton

9th Wolves
10th Arsenal

I would go with that come the end of the season - hopefully City and another side in the top 6 win both cups and 8th sneaks us into Europa.

Im hoping and praying 8th gets us a europa spot this season as only way we are finishing in europe after results this weekend and our upcoming fixtures.

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.