Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think that there was a huge meeting in a boardroom with Moshiri, Usmanov, Brands DBB etc and Carlo rocks up expecting to talk about transfer budgets and styles of play. Then Moshiri stands up, clears his throat and says:

'Carlo, we need to discuss our priorities and the non negotiable primary directive...'

and then he presses a button and a slide appears on a projector screen with some blue baubles and tinsel with a tick and some red baubles and tinsel with a cross over them.
Wow, its as if you were there. You are now my official go to ITK.

Is the correct answer.
He can't sponsor us for whatever he wants it has to be a sensible amount, he'll never be allowed to sponsor the piss pots in lower bullens for 10 million a year. If the sky 6 start complaining about his sponsorship being over market value then we'll get investigated and likely punished.

He can't sponsor us for whatever he wants it has to be a sensible amount, he'll never be allowed to sponsor the piss pots in lower bullens for 10 million a year. If the sky 6 start complaining about his sponsorship being over market value then we'll get investigated and likely punished.
Good you mentioned this as I am sure no one has realised ,you might PM Mr Mosh just to make sure lol

Exactly. That’s what has happened to City.
There are limits.

No City were ‘economical with the truth’ as to where there sponsorship money actually came from.

Something like the owner was funnelling cash to City via different undeclared vehicles and false advertising revenue which they warned about and got a £50m fine before.

Anyway I read somewhere that City owners intend to challenge the legalities or FFP in general rather than the ban itself

All true, but there are limits on how much can be put in through sponsorship.
it has to reflect the market.
I wonder if the 30 m paid to be allowed join at the top of a non existent queue so USM could be given the option but not the guarantee of bidding for the naming rights of a stadium that never mind has not been built but hasn’t received planning permission yet , reflected the market

No offence to any of the lads who have a financial background and who post on profit and loss FFPand amortisation of player values etc , but how many of you seen the 30n for the option to bid coming from left field
No one did.
If there is a need identified for a particular player then the funds will be made available.
A 3 yr naming right deal for Goodison ??
Carlo has said they will be buying good young players to turn them into great players but if money is needed I’m sure it will be found somehow
Carlo did not come here on the promise of a sell to buy transfer kitty
We don’t want half our players , what makes you think other clubs that could afford them do

I am certainly not an expert in this, but to comply with FFP wouldn't we have to prove that this is somewhat in line with the market value for such sponsorships?
United and City get well over 40m a year for shirt sponsorship.
Chelsea get 40m ,we could get the same with no issues with bonuses added for european qualification etc

How many times has the argument for the Sigurdsson price been "value is what someone is willing to pay"? If a company values being our shirt sponsor more than others who can argue? Hell, didn't Sunderland have Invest In Africa for like £20m a year? That wasn't shot down.

United and City get well over 40m a year for shirt sponsorship.
Chelsea get 40m ,we could get the same with no issues with bonuses added for european qualification etc
I don’t think we could genuinely get the same (£40 mill) from say USM and have it pass PL scrutiny.
However, SportPesa was worth £7mill a year, so I think we could certainly double that to say £15mill ish and it would not fail the PL commercial revenue test.

Status
Not open for further replies.