2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we have a separate fashion thread so all those obsessed with what they or others wear can rattle along without getting in the way of what is supposed to be a football forum?

From what I've heard on the grapevine quite alot mate.

I would love the chance to speak to him as unlike his entourage who encourage his behaviour I would be telling him straight that if he is to progress as a Premier League player for a top 7 club he has to knuckle down and start showing progression/ discipline on the pitch.

If he doesnt want that and loves fashion more fair play I wish him all the best if he goes into that industry but he'll need to sack off the football otherwise he'll only end up in the championship / league one.

I’m sure he’d ignore you and tell his mates ‘you won’t believe what some arl fella reckons’

If I could sit down and have a chat with any of our players it would be Davies - I would say "listen son you're in a position that most people could only dream of - captaining your boyhood club in the biggest footballing league in the world and not just any club - one of the most successful historically."

Based on your obvious powers when it comes to motivational speaking, I think it would benefit not just Davies, but the whole squad, if they were to sit down and give you a good listening to.

I struggle to believe that those words are your own, surely you’ve plagiarised someone, Churchill, Kipling, Ernie Wise?

Ok let me get this straight
in order to knuckle down and focus on football and improving, he has to literally do nothing else in his life apart from play and practise? He's not allowed to do anything else, or spend his money?
To be fair to Richy, it's pretty amazing that he spends his holiday going home and dishing out shirts and encouraging his people, but that's different
Tom Davies is the Captain we need in the future that's all

What some are not getting is that its not a case of him dressing like an idiot on a lads holiday every now and again - this is how he carries on whenever he's outside of Finch Farm and im pretty sure him and Hector Bellerin spend alot of time looking into fashion chains / cat walks etc together.

If thats his passion im happy for him - but my issue is a footballers career goes very quickly and for me he just isn't taking it as seriously as someone who wants to make it as a top level performer.

In his debut season under Koeman he genuinely looked like he could be a maestro in the middle for us - fast forward 3 years and he's regressed.

Compare his haircut and wardrobe to Holgate and even Kenny who've taken loan moves away and have taken advantage of their ability and are trying to progress and improve for the sake of their careers.

My point ultimately is Tom has to decide if football is his main passion or fashion- if its the former he needs to clean up his act and start getting serious about where his career is currently going, if its the latter I suppose he'll like I said slowly fall into footballing obscurity in the lower leagues before probably setting up his own fashion store or clothing line.

Its not an attack on the lad I want him to do well for Everton Football Club - I want him to lead us to glory but only he can make that happen.
A little alteration to cut against the bias if you will.

Davies is not good enough for a regular place in the 1st team. (Couldn't think of anything else to type in a desperate attempt to get back to the subject of football).

I think that’s missing the point. I think you’re doing it deliberately, too.

Everton draw in a fanbase from a poor, working-class city. To suggest Tom Davies walking around in an LV bathrobe helps players who aren’t from the city connect to the fans is ridiculous.

As I’ve also said, I don’t care what he wears, just commenting on what someone else said. I’m more concerned with his stagnation as a player.
1. What are you even talking about?

2. Then stick to talking about that maybe...
I disagree - Pogba is more talented than the majority of players in Europe yet his obsession with wanting to be seen as some gangster rapper wannabe on social media is seeing his career slowly disintegrate.

Its quite clear fashion is more than just an "interest" for Tom its something that he spends alot of time indulging in and again I have no problem with that - but im of the belief you can only really be the master of one craft - Flloyd Mayweather never become the best boxer in the world by spending half his "free time" learning Karate - if he did he may well have been very good at both but ultimately he wouldn't have been as good a boxer.

If I could sit down and have a chat with any of our players it would be Davies - I would say "listen son you're in a position that most people could only dream of - captaining your boyhood club in the biggest footballing league in the world and not just any club - one of the most successful historically."

He needs to get his head screwed on and look at where his career is going - Everton under Ancelotti will be going places in the coming seasons and if Tom is to be a part of that he needs to realise he can be a fashion icon and open his own clothing line when he's 35 and retired - for now he has to get his head down and live and breathe football if his career is to progress.

Otherwise mark my words in 2 years time he'll be playing for a Brentford or a QPR in the championship.

Wow, delusions of grandeur much? If he spent his time knitting and doing crosswords would he be a better footballer?? Or is it actually the case that what he does outside of football, unless it affects his physical or mental well-being, is utterly irrelevant to his ability as a footballer, as long as he is putting in the time & work on the training field?

It's bad enough we have to 'listen' to you, let alone poor Tom. I can imagine the youtube vid of him and DCL pissing themselves listening to your chat now...

From what I've heard on the grapevine quite alot mate.
Hahaha, give it a rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.