Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlos has never won the Europa League. Just sayin...
EADA739A-8F24-469E-B24D-EEA4377237E3.jpeg

hey, like, I don’t even play football, man

That was then, its different now, not CL money, but it defo gives clubs a nice bump.
We all remember the last time we were in Europa, and we were terrible, it was dreadful, and we were eliminated early in the group stage.

And we still made 20 million. Basically with the new rights deal, if we move up 2 spaces to just make Europa and get destroyed in the group stage we still end up +36 million. Thats +15% of revenue even if you just threw the whole competition and played kids the whole time.

We all remember the last time we were in Europa, and we were terrible, it was dreadful, and we were eliminated early in the group stage.

And we still made 20 million. Basically with the new rights deal, if we move up 2 spaces to just make Europa and get destroyed in the group stage we still end up +36 million. Thats +15% of revenue even if you just threw the whole competition and played kids the whole time.
Really? It’s worth that much? Never would’ve guessed.

What does 36 million come to if you convert to Sandro Martinezes? Like 1.5?

Glad the topic brought about some debate
I’d rather we were in it, watch Everton more, have some cracking away trips and bring in more money and better players

the one thing that seems up for debate is the CL and EL winners being english

I have it that we get 3 places as posted 5th and the two cups. As explained hopefully cups generate 6th and 7th. But, if, say United win EL and City CL. United go in CL and team in 4th goes in EL next season meaning 5th becomes EFL cup and 6th FA
And finishing 7th loses out

have to be really unlucky for that to happen

I want us to be in Europe every season. It's not about fans who say 'I don't like lots of Sunday Prem games' as an excuse for wanting us to finish 8th and out of the European places.

We've currently a manager whose used to being in Europe, and is a master of it, so it's more important what he wants rather than Blues who simply don't want us playing European football because they don't like playing lots of Premier League games on Sundays.

If we finish 7th and qualify, the first match in qualification for the Group Stage would be 7/23.

Copa America groups end 7/1 so even if our South American players that go to that tournament go out they will not be available immediately. Euro groups end 6/24 so any players exiting at that point will make it back but most likely not be fit. Any who move on won't be available. Also it is very likely transfers will be held up by the tournaments meaning incomings will be minimal to that point.

All this to say that qualifying could end up being a real problem if we are sending Stek out in nets with a backline of backups and who knows what in midfield and up top. It adds 6 extra fixtures before anything really gets going to. It'll present a real challenge to the whole club.
7/23 is years away though

Whether we as fans think the Europa League is worth bothering with or not is irrelevant. In order for us to be able to bring in players to compete for champions league places/title we need revenue to free up funds under FFP rules. Europa League is one thing that will help us with this. I personally want us in Europe every season as it's the only way to keep us moving forward.

Just hoping city beat villa 1st of all,and then take it from there and hope things go well for us,I want euro footy myself if we can get it, robbie savage does not have us top 8 and give's his top 8 with what he thinks points wise as well lol, for the record here it is if any wanted to know

Liverpool 110 points
Man City 78 points
Leicester 74 points
Chelsea 66 points
Spurs 63 points
Man Utd 61 points
Wolves 60 points
Sheff utd 54 points
Stopped reading right there.

Wolves did very well to recover their season after the start they had not winning a league game for 7/8 games cant remember when it was.

I think if we do get Europe it'll be through that 7th place but ideally if the cup winners are already up there as they normally are it'd be better off going for top 6 and avoiding 6 extra games but that'll only happen if we scrape one or 2 results at the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc....

We turned over an extra 10 million last time we were in Europe, and, if we got as far in the competiton as we did then, it'd be a fair amount more than that now. We're in no position to turn up our noses at that sort of cash.

Cheers for the info. I'm not one for the European competitions, so had no clue as to the amounts of cash that could be had.

Wolves did very well to recover their season after the start they had not winning a league game for 7/8 games cant remember when it was.

I think if we do get Europe it'll be through that 7th place but ideally if the cup winners are already up there as they normally are it'd be better off going for top 6 and avoiding 6 extra games but that'll only happen if we scrape one or 2 results at the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc....
Scrape a result against Arsenal? They are rubbish lad i'll be feumin if we don't at least draw with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.