2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands lad you've got the summer window to wow me.

A repeat of last summer and you're finished at this club son.

The summer where we signed Gomes on permanent, shifted out a load of absolute wasters, loaned out half the others, signed one of Europe’s top striking prospects, loaned a World Cup winning right back, and got actual decent fees for players like McCarthy and Lookman?

What a terrible summer that was.

The summer where we signed Gomes on permanent, shifted out a load of absolute wasters, loaned out half the others, signed one of Europe’s top striking prospects, loaned a World Cup winning right back, and got actual decent fees for players like McCarthy and Lookman?

Im not arsed about Net Spend mate leave that for Kopites trying to pretend they havent spent big money on signings.

Facts are we spent around £115 million in the summer - no one can tell me that has been money well spent at this stage.

If Kean and Gbamin turn into Henry & Viera I'll tip my hat to the bloke but at this stage 6 months in we've spent alot of money on at best squad players.

Our best signing has been Gomes who even he on his day is very hit or miss.

Is that you posting in the Marcel Brands thread?
Not only did he fail to get a player in for the first team, he even failed in the tasks he himself set - to get shut of Martina, Niasse and Bolasie.

The feller is a useless nobhead.

The last 3 windows have underlined that.

Bypassed on manager selections and disastrous in the transfer market. He's just a hologram. An empty Hugo Boss suit.

Im not arsed about Net Spend mate leave that for Kopites trying to pretend they havent spent big money on signings.

Facts are we spent around £115 million in the summer - no one can tell me that has been money well spent at this stage.

If Kean and Gbamin turn into Henry & Viera I'll tip my hat to the bloke but at this stage 6 months in we've spent alot of money on at best squad players.

Our best signing has been Gomes who even he on his day is very hit or miss.

It’s not Brands fault that Gbamin got crocked is it? Or that Gomes also got injured. Iwobi and Kean haven’t settled yet but there’s nothing to say they can’t be good players. Delph was cheap and was brought in as cover.

It’s not about net spend, it’s about improving the squad, and if anyone wants to argue that the squad which finished the 17/18 season is better than this squad then they’re welcome to but from where I’m sitting Richarlison Bernard Gomes Digne are our best players.

No one else wanted Gomes - hes desperately inconistent.

Kean has looked good in 1 game and scored 1 goal lol.

Clutching at straws but I suppose you are delighted with our current league and cup positions.

Lots of evertonians seem happy with the business we did in the summer and the `progress' made this season and the position we are in.

My head is spinning, have I been dreaming about our results/performances this season?

It’s not Brands fault that Gbamin got crocked is it? Or that Gomes also got injured. Iwobi and Kean haven’t settled yet but there’s nothing to say they can’t be good players. Delph was cheap and was brought in as cover.

It’s not about net spend, it’s about improving the squad, and if anyone wants to argue that the squad which finished the 17/18 season is better than this squad then they’re welcome to but from where I’m sitting Richarlison Bernard Gomes Digne are our best players.

The problem is post Walsh the bar has been set that low that we accept any old rubbish as good signings.

Im not saying he's been a disaster - but for the money spent we still have DCL up top, Walcott out wide, the likes of Schneiderlin, Davies and Siggurdsson getting regular game time, Holgate and Keane as CB's with no leader at the back.

For me he has to get it right in the summer - too much money spent on average players and then we throw in the FFP card when we havent the means to be able to go out and improve on said players.

No one else wanted Gomes - hes desperately inconistent.

Kean has looked good in 1 game and scored 1 goal lol.

Clutching at straws but I suppose you are delighted with our current league and cup positions.

Of course I’m not, but let’s be fair here, two aberrations against Brighton and Newcastle aside and we’re in a far better league position. We were a penalty shoot out away from a league cup semi too. The FA cup was disappointing undoubtedly.

The point is though that after the complete mess Martinez and especially Koeman made of the squad it was always going to be a difficult job for Brands. As ever for Everton it’s made even harder by us being one of the unluckiest clubs in the league for new signings being crocked. It’s a long term job though. He’s had two summer windows to overhaul one of the worst squads in the league whose best players when he inherited it were Gueye Rooney Walcott and Siggurdson (shows how poor it was). It was never going to be a quick fix.

No chance.

Richarlison and DCL have been head and shoulders above anything we have this season.

Mina and Holgate have been ok at times.

Digne has been garbage all season. Sidibe ok at times. Bernard has turned up for a couple of home games, Gomes nothing, Pickford garbage. Keane beyond abysmal. Kean dire. Coleman gone. Gylfi/Sneids/Davies totally and utterly humiliating to themselves and the club.

You are making excuses after excuse after excuse for finishing 7/8th, possibly lower and no good in cups season after season after season.

I don't want to sound patronising as you sound like an intelligent fella but you are completely blinkered to reality.

We keep finishing 8th because we are the 8th best team in the league - largely due to winning lots of home game, especially when the pressure is off 2nd half of a season. With this squad we will do well to finish 8th next season.

We are probably about the 25th best cup team in England - that tells you all you need to know about the players mental strengths or how they cope with individual pressure games.

Is is time for people to stop making excuses for the faillings of everyone from the ownership through DOF, through managers, through players.

Demand change, a change of culture, of expectation. But most importantly demand a change of a large number of players.

I’m blinkered? No no my friend, this is reality, this squad is and has been more than capable of being in the top 6 year upon year, everyone with half a brain knows that. We have seen what they can do when in harmony, Ancelotti is the manager than can get them doing that consistently

I do agree that we need to break this malaise about cup competitions but again we have a manager with a winner’s mentality who isn’t going to sugarcoat things like previous managers

We don’t need a large quantity of players, we already have a bloated wage bill as is, we need quality in the areas we have weaknesses in, that being CB and CM, that takes 1-2 signings per role minimum once you take out the weak (Schneiderlin, Keane, Sigurdsson at a push), if we can also add an experienced striker to work with Kean and DCL and a better standard GK to give Pickford proper competition then even better

The problem is post Walsh the bar has been set that low that we accept any old rubbish as good signings.

Im not saying he's been a disaster - but for the money spent we still have DCL up top, Walcott out wide, the likes of Schneiderlin, Davies and Siggurdsson getting regular game time, Holgate and Keane as CB's with no leader at the back.

For me he has to get it right in the summer - too much money spent on average players and then we throw in the FFP card when we havent the means to be able to go out and improve on said players.

I’m sure the intention was for Kean to play up top this season but DCL has come good, what’s the problem with that? If Richarlison Bernard and Iwobi had been fit most games Walcott wouldn’t be playing at all. Same with Schneiderlin and Davies. Brands bought a whole new midfield for Silva in Gomes Gbamin Delph Iwobi and all of them just got crocked almost immediately so we’re left playing the same wasters who have blighted us for years in there. How is that Brands fault? Should he have bought two whole midfields for the new manager on the assumption that the four buys he made would all get significant injuries?

Of course I’m not, but let’s be fair here, two aberrations against Brighton and Newcastle aside and we’re in a far better league position. We were a penalty shoot out away from a league cup semi too. The FA cup was disappointing undoubtedly.

The point is though that after the complete mess Martinez and especially Koeman made of the squad it was always going to be a difficult job for Brands. As ever for Everton it’s made even harder by us being one of the unluckiest clubs in the league for new signings being crocked. It’s a long term job though. He’s had two summer windows to overhaul one of the worst squads in the league whose best players when he inherited it were Gueye Rooney Walcott and Siggurdson (shows how poor it was). It was never going to be a quick fix.
You are not thinking rationally.

How did we have `one of the worst squads' in the league.

WE WERE FINISHING 7TH AND 8TH

You are now saying we are improved/improving and have a better squad.

WE FINISHED 8TH LAST SEASON, WE ARE NOW IN 12TH.

Please, no more fairytales.

You are not thinking rationally.

How did we have `one of the worst squads' in the league.

WE WERE FINISHING 7TH AND 8TH

You are now saying we are improved/improving and have a better squad.

WE FINISHED 8TH LAST SEASON, WE ARE NOW IN 12TH.

Please, no more fairytales.

Do you really want this group of players (who mostly played) and this manager:

Kenny Coleman Jagielka Williams Keane Mangala Holgate Martina Baines Klaassen Schneiderlin Davies McCarthy Gueye Siggurdson Rooney Sandro Calvert Lewin Niasse Walcott Tosun Bolasie (Allardyce)

Or

Sidibe Coleman Mina Holgate Keane Digne Baines Gomes Gbamin Delph Davies Schneiderlin Iwobi Bernard Siggurdson Walcott Richarlison Calvert Lewin Kean (Ancelotti)

Regardless of league position (in a season that hasn’t finished yet) which set of players and manager would you rather have? It’s that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.