January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re the equivalents of the Suarez etc signings you mentioned, which is why I used them. That’s the other aspect of it, there are loads of examples of just decent signings in January, people who have come in and done a good job for their new club. But people don’t count them because they’re not exciting, then don’t count the exciting ones because they wouldn’t come to us, then claim it’s proof that you can’t do business in January.
Suarez borderline, evra and vidic cost less than £10m between them. Not in the same league. Long story short, in terms of percentages, very few deadline day deals in this window, or even deals in this window prove to be long term success stories. Look at our history in this window, last time we made a average or better signing was John Stones.

Suarez borderline, evra and vidic cost less than £10m between them. Not in the same league. Long story short, in terms of percentages, very few deadline day deals in this window, or even deals in this window prove to be long term success stories. Look at our history in this window, last time we made a average or better signing was John Stones.
As I said a couple of days ago, if that was out of keeping with our summer record it would mean something. It isn’t though, so it doesn’t. Not one player that we brought in last summer can be currently seen as a definite success, does that mean we rule out summer transfers?

I have no issue at all with us not signing anyone. We’ve not got a lot to play for and if they don’t think the right player is available that’s fine. I just think it’s ridiculous to say you can’t do good deals in January, because you absolutely can.

As I said a couple of days ago, if that was out of keeping with our summer record it would mean something. It isn’t though, so it doesn’t. Not one player that we brought in last summer can be currently seen as a definite success, does that mean we rule out summer transfers?

I have no issue at all with us not signing anyone. We’ve not got a lot to play for and if they don’t think the right player is available that’s fine. I just think it’s ridiculous to say you can’t do good deals in January, because you absolutely can.
I’m not going to judge any of the Summer signings. Iwobi is a big issue for me, but even he hasn’t played under a proper manager for Everton yet. Any wrongs that have gone before were and are on Silva. A good manager is key.

I’m not going to judge any of the Summer signings. Iwobi is a big issue for me, but even he hasn’t played under a proper manager for Everton yet. Any wrongs that have gone before were and are on Silva. A good manager is key.
No I agree with that, but that wasn’t really the point. I’m just saying it’s no good saying our recent January buys have been no good when pretty much all of the absolute disasters (Sandro, klaassen, bolasie etc) have been bought in the summer. Poor recruitment is poor recruitment, the time of year is irrelevant.

No I agree with that, but that wasn’t really the point. I’m just saying it’s no good saying our recent January buys have been no good when pretty much all of the absolute disasters (Sandro, klaassen, bolasie etc) have been bought in the summer. Poor recruitment is poor recruitment, the time of year is irrelevant.
I think it’s a common thought/theory by most top clubs that this window is a waste of time.

Has the club officially or by other avenues told us we are not signing anyone. Pretty poor show if we are not in for anyone and they havent, the least they can do is put us all out of our misery, then I can turn the bellends on SSN off..... because I just cant not watch, just in case! I know we are not signing anyone but that kid inside me thinks, what if!

This is what Everton does to you....

Status
Not open for further replies.