January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad, I remember winter 2018/19 and the rumoured 120 mil bid from Athletico. I was happy for him to go then for than much as he had scored 2 goals and 0 assists in three months. However, he has improved so much imo and will continue to do so under CA.

WHat price would people consider? 120mil now?

Got to be honest in that it's a bit disappointing that we look set for another transfer scramble in the last few hours of the window. One of the key points on having a DOF is that they have a clear plan and style and identify players based on those metrics no matter which manager is in charge. You hire them for continuity and trust them to build a team.

I know Brands has still got a few days to play with and he could shock everyone and pull off something amazing but it feels like we reset our approach and targets each time a new manager enters the club. That shouldn't be the case.

I genuinely can't make out what point you're trying to make here. Are you mad that we haven't signed someone or will you be mad if we do sign someone?

Why do people insist on burying their head in the sand and then chatting like they have a clue how things are done? Every single window its the same. NO ONE DOES GOOD DEALS EARLY. Every window there are maybe 1-2 early good deals, and thats it, with the rest(if any) coming in the last week. This isnt a surprise, it happens EVERY WINDOW for those who care to spend half a second to actually look it up. Really, not hard. Use google if you need to.

This window with ALL of these competent DOFs you seem to think exist for every other club, how many players have been identified and brought in? Exactly 0 players that cost over 10 million. Exactly 3 players, among the 20 clubs, that cost between 6-10 million. Thats it.

But I get it, its fun to say stupid stuff and try and get as much attention as dave.

Someone here gets it. I would like this 100 times if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.