January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He posted this on the 5th Jan, don't know when he's due back like.

not as impressive at it probably seems tbh, i have a grade 2 ACL tear that the NHS refused to operate on as i wasn't a sportsman and could live the rest of my life pretty stable on it if i make sure to keep the muscles around it strong (i even play 5 a side with a knee strap on)

the ACL keeps the joint stable, it doesn't make it fundamentally work or not work

he can do all of that up and down back and forward movement but ask him to jog and change direction and the knee would probably buckle him to the floor instantly

Got to be honest in that it's a bit disappointing that we look set for another transfer scramble in the last few hours of the window. One of the key points on having a DOF is that they have a clear plan and style and identify players based on those metrics no matter which manager is in charge. You hire them for continuity and trust them to build a team.

I know Brands has still got a few days to play with and he could shock everyone and pull off something amazing but it feels like we reset our approach and targets each time a new manager enters the club. That shouldn't be the case.

Got to be honest in that it's a bit disappointing that we look set for another transfer scramble in the last few hours of the window. One of the key points on having a DOF is that they have a clear plan and style and identify players based on those metrics no matter which manager is in charge. You hire them for continuity and trust them to build a team.

I know Brands has still got a few days to play with and he could shock everyone and pull off something amazing but it feels like we reset our approach and targets each time a new manager enters the club. That shouldn't be the case.
I think he had a plan and it was to wait until the summer

Just because something runs to the last minute, does not make it a scramble. When we do tenders for work we have done months of work, but only submit it at the last minute. Sheesh some people on here think all this transfer stuff is done with one phone call and a glass of wine, rather than weeks of negotiation, internal discussions, due diligence and legal. It also may not suit the selling club to move a player on until they have something lined up, a bit like selling and buying a house.

If you all think Brands has been doing nothing, then you need to give your heads a wobble.

What part of FFP aren't people getting? If we can get rid of Oumar and Cuco or another then we can bring in if we don't we can't? Nothing to do with having targets identified or lack of money or planning we have players who nobody wants on high wages. The DOF has to make sure we are compliant whilst trying to improve the squad, he inherited a poor position and it makes bringing in players difficult, but I would be more worried if he went out and spent anyway leaving the club exposed.

I was hoping for us to get 1 or 2 in but could see none coming in. However, now that it looks like none are coming in I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be...

Not technically. Just cant spend more due to the rules
it's gonna be last minute waiting - i really hope we're offering guys as /transfer/loan options to teams, and they turn to us when their 1st option falls through. should those funds come in, i hope our fingers are on the trigger for fresh blood to put pen to paper

Why do people insist on burying their head in the sand and then chatting like they have a clue how things are done? Every single window its the same. NO ONE DOES GOOD DEALS EARLY. Every window there are maybe 1-2 early good deals, and thats it, with the rest(if any) coming in the last week. This isnt a surprise, it happens EVERY WINDOW for those who care to spend half a second to actually look it up. Really, not hard. Use google if you need to.

This window with ALL of these competent DOFs you seem to think exist for every other club, how many players have been identified and brought in? Exactly 0 players that cost over 10 million. Exactly 3 players, among the 20 clubs, that cost between 6-10 million. Thats it.

But I get it, its fun to say stupid stuff and try and get as much attention as dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.