January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not including davies that near £500k in wages a week going out the club. Add to that the likes of bolasie, garbutt, besic, Dowell and martina. You'll be looking at around £700k a week in wages going out the door.

That's around £33m a year on wages on crap who araren't good enough for us going out the door every year.

Crazy the money we waste as a club :Blink:

You missed off Sandro.

Its closer to a million a week that we are wasting.

Yeah. Unless he's good enough to give us a shot of Europe I don't think it's worth it. Need to play the long game.

Short term fixes are what landed us in the mess we're in atm. Problem is a lot of people are impatient and just want transfers for the sake of it. If we can get better in the summer then wait imo.
Totally agree
We can then assess in the summer whether we need players who can compete in Europe or the Championship

Martina & Niasse will be gone in the summer

Baines potentially

The task is to get shot of Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Besic & Tosun who are clogging up the wage bill.

Sandro will be here til his contract runs out.

For me I would also be moving Kenny, Dowell & Davies on for fees as this will help us in terms of FFP with them being home grown. Kenny alone will likely fetch us around £15 million you would think if Schalke want him permanently.

Baines potentially

The task is to get shot of Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Besic & Tosun who are clogging up the wage bill.

For me I would also be moving Kenny, Dowell & Davies on for fees as this will help us in terms of FFP with them being home grown. Kenny alone will likely fetch us around £15 million you would think if Schalke want him permanently.
We won’t struggle to get rid of besic. Sheff united fans are creaming over him after his last two games.

I think Vecino will come in for €18 million or less. Inter have finished 4th in his two seasons there. He will be 30 a few games into the 2021/22 season so I think we will see a sale of Schneiderlin this week to offset this fee.
Didn't Moyes want Schneiderlin at West Ham last time?

Not including davies that near £500k in wages a week going out the club. Add to that the likes of bolasie, garbutt, besic, Dowell and martina. You'll be looking at around £700k a week in wages going out the door.

That's around £33m a year on wages on crap who araren't good enough for us going out the door every year.

Infuriating it really is

Didn't Moyes want Schneiderlin at West Ham last time?

But Moyes has now turned to his former club Everton in a bid to bring in Schneiderlin before tomorrow’s deadline, with a view to a £20million permanent deal at the end of the season.

“I’ve got a great relationship with the Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and I obviously know a lot of the people around the club, so if I needed any information or needed to discuss any players I’ve got ins,” said Moyes. “But I don’t think it will change anything when it comes to prices or anything like that.”

There was talk of a loan to permanent £20m signing in Jan 2018 so maybe Moyes will take him for £9/10m now.

Baines potentially

That's a lot of players to sell. Some are true dead wood, but we have needed to use Baines, Davies, Schneiderlin and Tosun/Niasse this year. Plus Kenny either needs to come back or we need to by Sidibe as Coleman is pretty inadequate at this point.

It's hard to start a season strong with that amount of turnover even if ultimately all of those guys need to go.

Every club does this though tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.