January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Vecino will come in for €18 million or less. Inter have finished 4th in his two seasons there. He will be 30 a few games into the 2021/22 season so I think we will see a sale of Schneiderlin this week to offset this fee.

Brands: "All the players we brought into the club in the summer we under 25. We don't want to invest big money in older players... We are looking at players aged 20-25/26.”

Obviously it’s down to people’s interpretation as to what “big money” is. I suppose you could say Delph’s fee wasn’t, we don’t know yet what this fella is going to cost
He didn’t you’re correct. He said we wouldn’t be spending “big money” on players older than 25/26.
I'd say he's more talking about spending the likes of £45m on a (nearly) 28yr old Sigurdsson.

For me Vecino at Inter gets the ball and passes it on...or moves forward and passes it on...nothing noteworthy.

If i needed to write STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES for him i wouldnt know where to start...he's just totally average.

If hes starting ahead of Gbamin / Gomes next season it means they are below average.

Why we would be signing average players is beyond me...yes hes probably better than Delph, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin but really not a huge upgrade. .

Totally meh pointless signing. Id rather play one of the 3 donkeys over him till summer if hes the option now.

Quite annoyed at this

I value Carlo's opinion way above yours mate.

And thats where we are at the moment , mainly due to the 3 donkeys.

You're loosing any credability you had left here Zat.

Maybe I’m wrong but didn’t brands say along the lines of one in / one out ? If this Italian guy comes in is it behind the realms of possibility that Schderlin is loaned out ? Sold ? Isn’t wee Davy at West Ham looking for a midfielder ? Oh we can dream

I trust Carlo he will know way more about Vecino than us. If that's who he wants to play his style then why not. As has been said if Morgan and Sig move this summer there is a gap of players between 25-30 in our team which may account for some of the mental weakness.

But damn we need to shift Niasse, Snides, Sig, (Davies?), Keane, Cenk and all the other donkeys out on loan
We need to generate some cash from somewhere.

Not including davies that near £500k in wages a week going out the club. Add to that the likes of bolasie, garbutt, besic, Dowell and martina. You'll be looking at around £700k a week in wages going out the door.

That's around £33m a year on wages on crap who araren't good enough for us going out the door every year.

Crazy the money we waste as a club :Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.