2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still finding it odd that Carlo Ancelotti is the manager of Everton FC.

If he can make us successful between now and the end of his tenure it’ll reflect very well on him and his career. Not many (if any) top class managers have done what we hope he can do with us.

He’s clearly a very smart man and I doubt he would have taken the position if he didn’t think he could succeed here. He comes across as a genuine football man, not someone chasing his last big pay day. If he wanted money he’d have gone to China with Vitor for £30m a year. It would have been the easier option for sure.

In my opinion there has been no better time for Everton to have a real go at the top 4/6. The big teams aren’t what they were with the exception of the top 2 and are there for the taking if we get it right.

Results so far this year have already lowered my expectations -- a defensive approach and subsequent defeat at Man City, arguably the worst result in our history at Anfield in which the manager showed no notion of how to get to grips with what was happening on the pitch in the second half, an unexceptional winning performance against Brighton, just one point against an abject West Ham, and most recently the Newcastle debacle coming after some, at best, questionable late substitutions.
You're right we should have beat city away. No excuse for it really

If he can make us successful between now and the end of his tenure it’ll reflect very well on him and his career. Not many (if any) top class managers have done what we hope he can do with us.

He’s clearly a very smart man and I doubt he would have taken the position if he didn’t think he could succeed here. He comes across as a genuine football man, not someone chasing his last big pay day. If he wanted money he’d have gone to China with Vitor for £30m a year. It would have been the easier option for sure.

In my opinion there has been no better time for Everton to have a real go at the top 4/6. The big teams aren’t what they were with the exception of the top 2 and are there for the taking if we get it right.

The problem is that we have to compete with 6 big teams together with Wolves and Leicester. Plenty of those teams are underperforming but that could change very quickly next season. 10 years ago the league wasn't like this. It was much easier for a Moyes Everton side to get 5th place.

Last edited:
No excuse for not giving it a go. City's results both before and since that game have shown their vulnerability. We're not talking the City of last season here.
He'd been in charge for a week. During which he said (I think) he hadnt been able to even watch the players train due to the Christmas schedule. We lost 2-1. If you are disappointed with ancelloti for this I think the rest of your life might end up in disappointment.

If he can sort out the mentality at the club and in these players, the rest will take care of itself.

The problem is that we have to compete with 6 big teams together with Wolves and Leicester. Plenty of those teams are underperforming but that could change very quickly next season. 10 years ago the league wasn't like this. It was much easier for a Moyes Everton side to get 5th place.

Its harder to make 5th yet easier to make 3-4th. The top 4 is no longer a closed shop at least for the next 2-3 years.

A year on from the Millwall debacle and this year we aren't even playing due to an even more embarrassing early cup exit.

When are things ever going to get better for us? We have nothing to look forward to every single season.

Hoping having Ancelotti here can fix things but I feel as though we're broken beyond repair right now.

A year on from the Millwall debacle and this year we aren't even playing due to an even more embarrassing early cup exit.

When are things ever going to get better for us? We have nothing to look forward to every single season.

Hoping having Ancelotti here can fix things but I feel as though we're broken beyond repair right now.
you were defending ancelotti 2 week ago what happened since then? stay on that side

Its harder to make 5th yet easier to make 3-4th. The top 4 is no longer a closed shop at least for the next 2-3 years.

yep. It is a very bizarre situation at the moment. Which is good for the league. Bad for the other top teams other than Liverpool and City.

Millwall was worse than losing to the RS. Of course a derby loss has an extra hurt but that team we played at the pit had a decent value. Got to ignore the biased media labelling them dismissively as a "bunch of kids"

Broken beyond repair lol ffs.

I like Carlo, and I liked Martinez, both very pleasant personalities. Isn't football strange, Martinez gets booted out of Everton and he is now manager of one of the best national sides in Europe. He struts around the media here and in Europe where his opinions are valued. The highs and lows of management. I guess we as supporters have little or no patience, and as soon as cracks and faults appear we want change. I plead guilty, I wanted Martinez out at the time. I came to regret it with what followed. I exclude the Pep, and Klopp supporters who will only turn on their men when the cracks appear, which is possibly never given their financial backing. Carlo has a long time to go before the fans turn on him and call for his head. On the other hand he might end up with a statue in recognition of his achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.