2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Pedro bloke was right about DCL wasn't he? Where are all the naysayers now?

Looks like the kids footballing ability and work ethic has bought him the time to get some match experience and learn how to be composed..... a bit like Harry Kane needed.

I thought that Pedro made some ace points, I'm sure he's enjoying being proven right

That Pedro bloke was right about DCL wasn't he? Where are all the naysayers now?

Looks like the kids footballing ability and work ethic has bought him the time to get some match experience and learn how to be composed..... a bit like Harry Kane needed.

I thought that Pedro made some ace points, I'm sure he's enjoying being proven right
The most blatant of multis I've ever seen lol lol

That goal doesn't happen 12 or even 6 months ago, it would've got stuck under his feet and by the time he was about to shoot he would've been smothered by defenders. Instead its 1 touch out of his feet and shot.

Confidence is a wonderful thing.

Think his potential is in how awkward he looks in his body while still on target for a 15 goal + season. Still has that Bambi on ice look to me but by 24 think he will be a beast. The 3 of them upfront all look raw with loads of potential, exciting.

Yea indeed. This season he's now got a goal every 142 mins in the Premier League

Updated PL average: a goal every 149 minutes.

Also has 2 goals in the Carabao at an average of 1 in 138 minutes.

For context, in his very best everton season (2016/17), Lukaku scored 25 goals in 3267 minutes - a goal every 130 mins.

Never thought we'd be mentioning DCL in the same breath as Rom. But his progression this season has been out of this world - especially since Silva went.

Last edited:
The last half dozen games of last season, DCL put in some great performances, and I said elsewhere that he’d done enough in those games to be given the chance to see if he could kick on this season.

I thought that would be as backup / sub to Kean, but it’s ended up the other way round as Kean’s struggled to settle, but fair play DCL has taken that chance and really improved.

Hard to deny, that this season he’s added goals at a fantastic strike rate to the good attributes that most agreed he already had - strength, athleticism, work rate, aerial ability.

At the very least he’s added 10s of millions to his value this season, and if he gets 15 goals as he’s on course to, I’d expect the manager / DoF to know whether this is a purple patch and to cash in, or whether the lad’s on an upward trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.