2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone saying Ancelotti isn’t good enough for us need their heads testing.

However - he has only had success with hugely talented squads. He won’t ever have that at Everton.

Appointing Ancelotti makes sense if you’re PSG or Man City. But I can’t see him bringing much success here - he’ll improve us if given time but don’t expect Top 4 finishes. Never happening.

Yes because Ancelotti having to catch up and take over from Brendan Rodger's Leicester is totally impossible.

He’ll turn us into a top 6 side if backed and given time. And I mean properly backed. We need to ship out 80% of the current players and bring in real quality.

but we won’t beat Chelsea, Man U, RS, City etc to the Top 4 unless we got owners like PSG’s. The league is too competitive - getting 4th is impossible for most clubs and we’re one of them.
Leicester are currently 11 points clear of 5th placed Manchester United. They have a decent squad, but it’s certainly not brimming with world class players and certainly not what you’d generally call a “top 4” squad. It can be done with a few shrewd purchases, and good coaching

Anyone saying Ancelotti isn’t good enough for us need their heads testing.

However - he has only had success with hugely talented squads. He won’t ever have that at Everton.

Appointing Ancelotti makes sense if you’re PSG or Man City. But I can’t see him bringing much success here - he’ll improve us if given time but don’t expect Top 4 finishes. Never happening.

lol Jesus tonight. TIME and money which we will have yes he will.

Leicester are currently 11 points clear of 5th placed Manchester United. They have a decent squad, but it’s certainly not brimming with world class players and certainly not what you’d generally call a “top 4” squad. It can be done with a few shrewd purchases, and good coaching

Agree mate.

Was thinking these last few days that the RS and MC aside, this division is crapp.
Like many lads here I watch too much football and I reckon the last time the overall standard was so poor was around 2011.
Leicester are a good team without too many stars, they blend well. This sets them apart from the rest of the also-rans.
The Sky 6 has become a Sky 2 and the other 4 are in a decline of sorts which opens things up.

Having said this, we have a lot of catching up today after 5 wasted years of opportunity.

I am VERY interested to see how much rotation Carlo does on a short turnaround.

One way of thinking about it: short turnaround so rotate. The other: we're at home and that's where we can get all three points, so screw rotating.

If this forum is correct and the players are mostly pants anyway, then rotating makes sense. We'll see if Carlo agrees.

"Sometimes when you say to a player that we want possession, they think possession is the target. The target is not possession. The target is always to score goal."
"Our idea is to do that through possession but we want to score goals. If you see some data more possession sometimes means you have less possibility to score. There are a lot of games where the winning team has less possession."

credit: echo

"Sometimes when you say to a player that we want possession, they think possession is the target. The target is not possession. The target is always to score goal."
"Our idea is to do that through possession but we want to score goals. If you see some data more possession sometimes means you have less possibility to score. There are a lot of games where the winning team has less possession."

Well that’s Schneiderlin done then. Thank god.

translated: I'm dealing with simpletons and I have to be very specific with instructions otherwise they'll not understand that we want to try to win games

I am VERY interested to see how much rotation Carlo does on a short turnaround.

One way of thinking about it: short turnaround so rotate. The other: we're at home and that's where we can get all three points, so screw rotating.

If this forum is correct and the players are mostly pants anyway, then rotating makes sense. We'll see if Carlo agrees.

Carlo loves rotation, thats why the Bayern players saw their arse with him.

He hasnt had much chance with the squad depth and the constant fire fighting injuries, but he will rotate IMO.

Carlo has maybe 5 players he can count on right now Richarlison, Holgate, Bernard, Pickford, DCL, everyone else is a squad player. Sidibe and Digne are good enough, but they've been poor the last few games generally. We should have beaten West Ham, but we only had 3 or 4 good players.

Carlo has maybe 5 players he can count on right now Richarlison, Holgate, Bernard, Pickford, DCL, everyone else is a squad player. Sidibe and Digne are good enough, but they've been poor the last few games generally. We should have beaten West Ham, but we only had 3 or 4 good players.
I’d put Mina in the group of ‘players he can trust’ and take Sidibe out of the ‘players who are good enough’ categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.