January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allan is a monster of a player. 29 and would cost massive money though - can't see it.

I'm sure Carlo and Marcel have a couple of bargains lined up.

We don't really need a striker at this point but Milan signing Zlatan and benching him is bizarre and if he wanted out we should at least make an offer.
We don’t need a striker right now, but you’d assume if we plan on playing 4-4-2 for the foreseeable, one will be on the cards at some point. 3 strikers for 2 positions should do us fine till the end of the season with only the one competition. But after that, an injury to any of our forwards and we’re looking threadbare.

This is all assuming Tosun is booted into touch at the end of the season.

We don’t need a striker right now, but you’d assume if we plan on playing 4-4-2 for the foreseeable, one will be on the cards at some point. 3 strikers for 2 positions should do us fine till the end of the season with only the one competition. But after that, an injury to any of our forwards and we’re looking threadbare.

This is all assuming Tosun is booted into touch at the end of the season.
My solution to that problem would be to look for a youngish player who can compete with Kean for minutes or an older, cheap player who is ok with going a couple months without starting a game.

No reason to turn down chances to sign good players at any position, so if someone like Piatek or Jovic is really available we should do it, but I'd focus resources elsewhere for the next couple of windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.