January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite like Douglas Luíz at Villa and Grealish too obviously. Never happening unless they go down I guess. We proper need some quality in soon.

I think Douglas Luiz has been a crab for most of the season, Villa fans give him loads. Cant argue with Grealish. But I just get the feeling he may not play as well for another club and it would cost us a shedload to find out

I just don’t see him as a £30m player, I thought he was largely bang average at Castle Greyskull and he’s done little to change that view since.

Tbf I've pretty much said that about all their players bar Mane, Salah, Van Dijk and Robertson yet they are running away with everything.

Maybe we look at things through blue tinted specs?

He’s assistant manager at Hartlepool now mate. Good to see him back in the game.

I wasn't expecting a real answer, but thanks, last time I saw him he was driving a forklift truck in Runcorn about 15 years ago, good to see him back in football he was brilliant for us, his marking, positioning and tackling were top drawer, for "the dogs of war"

He could be good Sangare, but for me, he is untested at this level and quite young, he would need someone good in there with him, if we can move sigurdsson and Schniederlin out in the summer, sangare could then come in and be alongside Can or Gbamin

That's the key isn't it? Being able to move players on and clear space/wages...

Hes not even what we need.

For me hes no better than Gomes and the same type of player.

We need somebody who can pick a pass and thats not him.

I think we need 2 types - one who is creative as you say but also one who can add a bit of steel to the midfield.

We are too powderpuff in the centre of the park - Gbamin will help address it but realistically he wont be upto speed until the end of the season so we could do with atleast a loan deal for someone like Can who atleast can get stuck in.

Ancelotti is boss, and if we can get him someone who’s not a clown at RM and a CM who can play a bit I would back him to get us Europe and then prepare well for next season

Agreed, but I genuinely feel that we actually will end up going ‘with what we have got’ during this transfer window, which is the worst central midfield in the league.

We need at least one central midfielder this January, and then I’d be happy to see us get that Jarrod Bowen to play right midfield in the summer.

Agreed, but I genuinely feel that we actually will end up going ‘with what we have got’ during this transfer window, which is the worst central midfield in the league.

We need at least one central midfielder this January, and then I’d be happy to see us get that Jarrod Bowen to play right midfield in the summer.

not sure on Bowen like but defo need a CM now

Status
Not open for further replies.