January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah lets buy them from Barca, City, United etc. Thats worked well for us. So many of Everton's best signings have come from teams below us who have struggled. Jagielka, Lescott, Cahill etc and more recently Richarlison

There’s a difference, Jags was Sheff Utd’s best defender, Lescott was a gamble as he’d had a serious injury the year before we signed him, Cahill was highly rated at Millwall and had scored the goal that got them to the final, we signed all 3 for a 3rd of what Villa would want for either McGinn or Grealish, Norwich would want big money for Guendia and Bournemouth would be asking at least 70-80m for Wilson and that’s not money we should be wasting when we can get a much much better goal scorer for cheaper abroad

Grealish is a brilliant player. Strong on the ball, vision, scores goals, flair.

I’d be surprised if he isn’t playing for one of the top 6 next season. Villa won’t be taking less than £50m for him.

Buendia is another talent. He’ll go somewhere for a relatively small fee and be worth big money soon.

Grealish is a brilliant player. Strong on the ball, vision, scores goals, flair.

I’d be surprised if he isn’t playing for one of the top 6 next season. Villa won’t be taking less than £50m for him.

Buendia is another talent. He’ll go somewhere for a relatively small fee and be worth big money soon.

Grealish’s future will be defined by whether Villa stay up or not. I think they’re liable to resist any moves for him if they maintain their PL status, and I’m not sure the lad himself will force a move just yet.

As for Buendia, the fella has genuine quality and he’ll defo be moving on once Norwich go down. Not sure he’ll be cheap though.

Still think the best signings long-term are going to be those that come under the radar.

The better-known players are going to be more expensive and have more suitors.

It's still what gives me greatest concern as there is little evidence Brands has set scouting up in this manner despite overhauling the scouting operation, and Ancelotti I don't expect will be entirely clued in to this market unless he watches a lot of games himself during the week.

It is all about the right mix between age, experience, and ability in the end but we have had too many players come in that I expected more of in terms of leadership, character, and hunger in particular. We have to get players in with something to prove. If it means we are a stepping stone only it's still infinitely better than just being a long-term leach on wages.

Grealish, McGinn, Brooks, Buendia and C Wilson but only at the right price
Yes, definitely price dependent, no, no and no.

Brooks has had a tough second year between injuries and form dips so I'd pass for now. Buendia is another attacking mid that doesn't score goals so pass as we have that player in spades. We don't need a striker.

Grealish is great and would be a huge signing and McGinn is solid enough but not so good that we should break that bank.

...I really don’t think these things are that simple. I think he’s only played 8 times for Juventus and is out of the team. The players character would be an issue for me. I have no problem with him moving on a Bosman but his salary is now over £4m per year and he’ll have pocketed £m‘s when signing.

One report says he wants a 5 year deal. No doubt a good footballer, but I wonder if the game really matters to him. We already have too many expensive millstones around the club.

I ask myself one simple question, is he better than what we have?

To say “isn’t good enough” which is what I responded to, is utterly ridiculous.

Yes, definitely price dependent, no, no and no.

Brooks has had a tough second year between injuries and form dips so I'd pass for now. Buendia is another attacking mid that doesn't score goals so pass as we have that player in spades. We don't need a striker.

Grealish is great and would be a huge signing and McGinn is solid enough but not so good that we should break that bank.

Brooks hasn’t played a game this season. Got a bad injury

Grealish is head and shoulders above the rest of the Villa squad, and I suspect he would comfortably have a place in most starting XIs in the league.

Would he fit into Liverpool or City? That's a different question entirely, but I can say with nigh on certainty that he'd considerably improving our squad if he came.

My only concern would be his temperament/mentality as I've heard some concerning rumours to go alongside the public stuff, but then people say he's maturing.

Anyway, I doubt he'd be looking at us as a destination if there's interesting from other specific clubs, and like @Foot Long Hot Dog said it'll depend on how Villa do.

If Grealish is to leave Villa he would probably want a much quicker pathway to glamour than we could offer him. He gets in peoples faces and I like that but I think he will have his sights set on elsewhere, particularly if he is keen on establishing himself in the England squad.

We could get two decent players in from Europe for the price of Grealish, and they wouldn't be drawn-out sagas, where the selling club in England has to go through this show-act to justify selling to Everton, much like Swansea did with Sigurdsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.