January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juventus desperate to get rid. I believe they only bought him because he was free and knew they could flog him to some desperate prem team and make a profit.

I never rated him and nothing to do witt him being an ex red. Just never understood the hype. Big strong presence in midfield. But was slow and offered nothing on the ball.
Was he on a free

Juventus desperate to get rid. I believe they only bought him because he was free and knew they could flog him to some desperate prem team and make a profit.

I never rated him and nothing to do witt him being an ex red. Just never understood the hype. Big strong presence in midfield. But was slow and offered nothing on the ball.
I remember him out pacing Kyle walker , looks like he's magically lost all his pace and strength since he left liverpool .

Football is all rigged to make sure the elite teams stay at the top.

Bigger teams get larger cuts of champions league revenue regardless of their performance.

Drop out of the champions league and you get put in the Europa League. Being rewarded for failure and making a mockery of the whole idea of the Europa League, which was to give teams, just under elite level a shot at winning a trophy.

FFP just stops smaller teams having rich billionaires pump money in to them to compete with established teams like Blackburn did decades ago.

UEFA just want the elite teams to dominate. They have the most fans and bring the largest returns when their teams do well.

The elite teams threatened to form a breakaway league when UEFA didn't do what they want.

Fans of all other teams should have been protesting when UEFA brought in the rules to let teams drop in to the Europa League when they fail in the Champions League.

Wouldn't suprise me if and when Usmanov tries injecting money in to the club through naming rights or a sponsorship deal that we get made an example of, while they let Man City get away with it.

All about money unfortunately.

Regarding the break away league or super league idea. I could never see it happening . If they did the FA should say they can’t play in the domestic league anymore. Imagine a league with Bayern, Dortmund, real, Barca, Man U, RS, city etc...... now imagine only one team can with the Comp. also consider that someone is going to finish bottom aren’t they.... how long do you think the fans of a club like juve , Barca , Bayern are going to be happy watching their team get beat every week, finishing bottom, not winning any trophy’s ? Beyern , juve could potentially go 10-15 years without winning a thing .

Status
Not open for further replies.