2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch lots of football but never "a ton of one other team". There is not time in the day to do it. Maybe if you had said you had seen enough of Arsenal to say what you said about Iwobi .... but a ton? I confess I hardly knew of him at all before he landed here.

Ha Ha! It is all a laugh. Did you see in the Echo that your favourite Iwobi might be whipped off to the 2021 African Nation Cup? I would not sign players who are eligible for that tournament unless we had a large squad. Maybe his country whichever it is has a crap team and will get knocked out early.

Ha Ha! It is all a laugh. Did you see in the Echo that your favourite Iwobi might be whipped off to the 2021 African Nation Cup? I would not sign players who are eligible for that tournament unless we had a large squad. Maybe his country whichever it is has a crap team and will get knocked out early.
AFCON isn't during the club season anymore

If you judge a player by their worst performances then it's fair to say Andre Gomes is a poor player.

But if you use a bit more analysis and allow for some inconsistencies and look at the flashes of good stuff then you can see what he could be

Sometimes you have to admit when you make a mistake.

Signing him was a mistake.

Surprised, or not, at the criticisms in here.

Players out injured so obviously is either the hero of the villain of the panto.

....think he’s looked ok in a no10 role, just a pity he wasn’t allowed to continue in it as the team looked more effective. Many of his performances have been ordinary, but his pass to put Kean through on goal in the Derby league match gives me hope, it was high quality.
Bernard getting hurt meant he was shifted left to accommodate Sigurdsson of all people. Silva was done at that moment.

....think he’s looked ok in a no10 role, just a pity he wasn’t allowed to continue in it as the team looked more effective. Many of his performances have been ordinary, but his pass to put Kean through on goal in the Derby league match gives me hope, it was high quality.

What would be great is if he could pick the ball up between the lines on the inside right the way Bernard has been doing on the left, with Sidibe overlapping and providing the width down that side. Bernard has looked his most dangerous since Ancelotti came, hopefully Iwobi will too as by picking the ball up in those areas he can show some of the qualities that make him look good at number 10, rather than being stuck out on the touchline where he is less effective. Fingers crossed!

What would be great is if he could pick the ball up between the lines on the inside right the way Bernard has been doing on the left, with Sidibe overlapping and providing the width down that side. Bernard has looked his most dangerous since Ancelotti came, hopefully Iwobi will too as by picking the ball up in those areas he can show some of the qualities that make him look good at number 10, rather than being stuck out on the touchline where he is less effective. Fingers crossed!

....good point, saying that Iwobi hasn’t shaped like a conventional winger for us, he usually comes inside a little. As you say, though, Ancelotti’s system might just suit the way he plays. He takes the ball on the spin, he is a runner and can pick a pass.

i certainly wouldn’t be totally dismissive of him at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.