DBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was in a lift with her a few months back at the Hilton in L1. She stunk of ciggies. Wife said she had nice shoes though.

I met her about a year ago. She was in New York for meetings with Meis re: Bramley Moore. She contacted the NYC supporters group and we all got an invite to Turnmill, the NYC Everton pub where we watch the games. She addressed the group, then bought a round for everyone and stayed around to chat. I spoke with her for a few minutes. She was asking how I became a Blue, how did we follow the club from abroad, etc. I told her that my family was planning our first Goodison trip and she perked up and told me to contact her, her office would help me out. I'm glad we didn't go as planned, we were going to go over the American Thanksgiving holiday which was the 0-2 loss to Norwich (thinking about April vs Southampton now FWIW).

I was very impressed. She's a commanding presence. Obviously very smart. Whether that translates into being the best possible CEO for this club doesn't necessarily follow - there are thousands of intelligent and accomplished people who would fail at the job. I think she's doing a good job. The most important thing for the club's long-term health by far is the new stadium, and she's moved it further along and with better results than any of the failed efforts in the past. There have been disastrous decisions re: picking managers and buying players, but that's not on her and we wouldn't want someone in that role making football decisions anyway. She would be involved in the DOF decision to some extent, and whatever Brands' shortcomings, he's a net positive and light years better than Walsh. The sponsorship issue needs work, I'd really rather not have a betting site as shirt sponsor, and there's other stuff like botched kit rollouts, etc. But if you look around the PL and at clubs in other sports she's pretty good compared to lots of the dreck out there. Ask United and Arsenal fans and they'd take her in a cocaine heartbeat.

What is everyones problem with her? (Genuine question, i've got no opinion either way, don't know enough about her)
We're Evertonian. We have a problem with everything.

25 years without a trophy is all Denise Barratt-Baxendale's fault
Sigurdsson being crap is all Denise Barratt-Baxendale's fault
The appointment of Koeman, Martinez, Fat Sam & Silva is all Denise Barratt-Baxendale's fault
Being knocked out the FA Cup by the Anfield Nursery 11 is all Denise Barratt-Baxendale's fault
The cold sausage rolls in the upper Bullens is all Denise Barratt-Baxendale's fault
Brexit is all Denise Barratt-Baxendale's fault

However, the appointment of Carlo is nothing to do with Denise Barratt-Baxendale because she’s a woman
The imminent approval of the new stadium is nothing to do with Denise Barratt-Baxendale because she’s a woman
The new naming rights deal with USM is nothing to do with Denise Barratt-Baxendale because she’s a woman

I don't know what all the fuss is about :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.