January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get out of our nest!

even Transfermarkt are ripping poor old Cuco,

I loved Geri but don't recall crossing being a strong point. He normally got to the byline and gave it to no one.

Watching him against a very poor Bournemouth, he really did not do much.

I could see us selling Kenny. He’s not good enough for us (despite the revisionism in his absence) and he’d be pure profit for the accountants and FFP.
Hopefully. He's a slogger who would do well in the Championship maybe. Could get 5m or so for him though based on his Schalke performances. Hope he goes on to have a good career.

If Carlo wants players and we have the dough, what’s the hold up?
'Every player ever bought in January has been too expensive and terrible.'
'The transfer window isn't even open yet.' (It's July)
'There are still four three two weeks left, you bed wetter.'

You know the script by now. Talk big all year round, and then see who they can brinksmanship their way to a knockdown price for on Deadline Day.

I don't think we can say that he isn't good enough for us. He did well at times for us but lacked experience and made mistakes as happens with young players.
He certainly showed at times that he was plenty good enough to play at a high level. The experience of playing abroad will have helped him improve even more.
He could be our right back for the next decade.

If he wasn't already our player and there was an opportunity to sign him after the impact he has had in Germany can you imagine the clamour here to do so.

Not for me. I think he’s too slow, and unless you’re at Jurgen’s dopers you don’t suddenly find a yard of pace as you get older. He’s tidy in the ball, that’s it. He’ll end up in the championship or bouncing round the lower prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.