January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly, hes terrible at everything which is why he by far our best player and the one most wanted by other teams.

You okay mate?

Not everything , he works hard, occupies defences , can score all types of goals , has a knack of being in the right place in the box and can score goals. People saying his crossing is excellent is not even close to being true, especially when someone said he “ whips them in” he really doesn’t

I still can't believe he did this, the worst thing is I don't even know what he tried to do? The pass wasn't even on what pass was he trying? Did he want Kean to take it on his chest?

Weird, bad player

why he didn’t keep driving towards the goal is beyond me. He’s meant to be rapid, he wasn’t being caught from behind.

why he didn’t keep driving towards the goal is beyond me. He’s meant to be rapid, he wasn’t being caught from behind.
Exactly go across the defender behind you and keep going and make the other defender commit so it's either a free shot on goal or slot your teammate

What annoys me is the look on his face after when the camera zooms in on him and he's got that "ah unlucky there" look on his face

His crossing is crap and his link up play with a fullback is even worse, he can’t weight a through ball to save his life, can’t pass, keep possession and nearly always chooses the wrong option when given the opportunity to pass to someone

On this, you and I are in complete agreement.

......speaking in yesterday’s pre match press conference, Ancelotti said he has the backing of the Board regarding transfer activity and “all the names in the paper are wrong.” You might now choose not to read the following, but it’s the 11th January and here’s the Toffee transfer rumour round-up for this Saturday morning;

- Cenk Tosun’s loan move to Crystal Palace has been officially announced. Turkish journalist, Firat Günayer says the deal includes a €20m buy-out option.

- According to Brazil’s Gazetta Esportivo, the Toffees are preparing a €30m offer for Gremino forward, Everton Sousa Soares. The report claims Ancelotti has met with the 23 year old who has scored 47 goals in 177 games for his club.

- The East Anglian Times report Ipswich Town has agreed a loan deal for Everton’s 19 year old Centre-back, Lewis Gibson, but the Toffees will only release him after he signs a contract extension.

- Italy’s Sky Sports say Carlo Ancelotti is keen on Inter Milan’s Matias Vecino. The Uruguayan midfielder joined from Fiorentina in the summer of 2017 for 24m.

- The Chronicle suggest Everton interest in Newcastle goalkeeper, Freddie Woodman. The 22 year old is impressing on loan at Swansea City.

- The Athletic say Bayern Munich are one of a number of clubs who have enquired about Everton’s 18 year old academy prospect, Anthony Gordon.

- The Star continues to claim Everton interest in 23 year old Sassuolo winger, Jeremie Boga, whilst the Liverpool Echo again associates Norwich right-back, Max Aarons with the Toffees.
Thanks, @Eggs. I hope the Woodman Rumour is true, I was very impressed with him when he played for the England u-20s

Have another look, No. 70(?) at bottom of picture is 4 - 5 yds behind him, and has nearly caught him. He probably heard him and paniced. But you're right, he should've kept on, took the foul or whatever.
Waste of a shirt unless you've only got 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.