Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Just been the police station and they can't do anything now my nan is gone.

Despite all the evidence we have they can't do anything.

She is going to get away with it.

Been a while since I posted in here.

As I work in mental health I'm sometimes able to offer support to people posting with their problems.

But this post is about me. You know the advice that's given about mental health:
- look after your physical health
- maintain strong friendships and social activity
- keep your mind active
- stay hydrated
- get sufficient sleep
- get involved with worthy causes by giving your time as a volunteer
- speak to your GP if your low mood persists
- try talking therapies if they are available
- keep learning by signing up for some form of education or course

My question is: if a person is doing all of the above and is still feeling utterly bleak all day everyday, what should they do? There must be posters in here who feel they've exhausted all the known remedies. What have you tried just to keep buggering on

That's where I am atm......

Im surprised at the reason being because shes passed away. I would seriously suggest that you get some proper legal advice to be honest. Even looking online, this type of thing goes on more frequently than you would think. Have a decko online and get some prior info beforehand. Its a very delicate upsetting time as you already well know and you can at least keep it on a low light if you wish to until after the funeral and all that entails. Look after your own thoughts and feelings in all this...youre grieving too as well as having all this laying on your mind. If you dont feel happy about disclosure within the family, then talk to a good reliable mate in confidence...it will help you before you maybe take it further. Good luck and sincere condolences on your sad loss.

Go and see a brief mate.

Age Concern may be able to point you in the direction of someone who works with them on this type of crime.

If they can’t do anything I can refer you to a very good brief and friend who is the head of the crime dept at a reputable firm in the City Centre ( if you’re in Liverpool)

I would argue that any money taken by her after your Nan passed away has been stolen off whoever put it in there - pension fund, DWP etc, not your nan.

As I work in mental health I'm sometimes able to offer support to people posting with their problems.

But this post is about me. You know the advice that's given about mental health:
- keep your mind active
- stay hydrated
- get sufficient sleep

My question is: if a person is doing all of the above and is still feeling utterly bleak all day everyday, what should they do? There must be posters in here who feel they've exhausted all the known remedies. What have you tried just to keep buggering on

Anything in your life that is contributing to the emotional valley?

Go and see a brief mate.

Age Concern may be able to point you in the direction of someone who works with them on this type of crime.

If they can’t do anything I can refer you to a very good brief and friend who is the head of the crime dept at a reputable firm in the City Centre ( if you’re in Liverpool)

I would argue that any money taken by her after your Nan passed away has been stolen off whoever put it in there - pension fund, DWP etc, not your nan.
I'll get onto age concern next then and see what they say. We don't want to go the civil route as we aren't chasing the money back. It wasn't ours whilst it was being stolen so we aren't wanting it back. Plus the cost of it as well I don't think we could pay the legal costs for a case like this.

Any money withdrawn after her death was then stolen as she wouldn't have acted on my nans behalf at that point, even after she went into hospital. That's what I couldn't get my head around with the police, we can literally prove patterns and they still aren't interested because of that power of attorney on the account. Can't prove my nan didn't say she could. Changing the address is damning in itself but again not interested.

I even googled power of attorney and there was a story from 2 years ago talking about how dangerous it really is detailing cases of theft in these circumstances. The irony that it has happened to us by someone so close

The other alternative is to go the fraud route. Because she was claiming carers allowance and my uncle on universal credit, the extra money is clear to see coming in. It's not the same result but it's something.

- keep your mind active
- stay hydrated
- get sufficient sleep

Have you social media FaceBook,twitter, instagram etc I am a firm believer that these are a disaster for mental health, I deleted all my social media about 3 years ago and life's been great, I used to suffer from anxiety and was on anti depressants, but since social media is gone I haven't needed meds and haven't gotten anxiety back. The only thing I regret is that I never backed up my photographs so they all gone, but other than that I'm on top form. In my opinion social media is one of the first things that should go if you are experiencing poor mental health.

Anything in your life that is contributing to the emotional valley?
Thanks. Yes plenty going on that could induce anxiety but I've had all of it for years and coped most of that time. Still got a lot on my plate now but the blackness is here too and is not lifting despite all my efforts to do the right things.

Have you social media FaceBook,twitter, instagram etc I am a firm believer that these are a disaster for mental health, I deleted all my social media about 3 years ago and life's been great, I used to suffer from anxiety and was on anti depressants, but since social media is gone I haven't needed meds and haven't gotten anxiety back. The only thing I regret is that I never backed up my photographs so they all gone, but other than that I'm on top form. In my opinion social media is one of the first things that should go if you are experiencing poor mental health.
Good advice of course. Not active on Facebook. I use Twitter a bit for work and for some Everton chat. But it may be a contributor... The bile and negativity around Brexit for example is enough to make anyone sad. I'll seriously consider unfollowing some people. Thanks

Hi mate,

For what it’s worth I think you’re doing the right thing.

With regards to the police, I would ask to make an appointment to see a member of the CID, as this is gonna be so complex, time consuming and with a massive paper trail, it needs someone who will be able to spend time on it.

A uniform officer just won’t have the
time and possibly the expertise either to deal with it.

Don’t let them fob you off that it’s “ a civil matter “ as it’s not, it’s theft / fraud, especially all the withdrawals made after your Aunts death - how could she give permission for those withdrawals ???
Yo buddy.

Good advice of course. Not active on Facebook. I use Twitter a bit for work and for some Everton chat. But it may be a contributor... The bile and negativity around Brexit for example is enough to make anyone sad. I'll seriously consider unfollowing some people. Thanks
Any accounts that constantly bombard you with negativity no matter the topic need to be unfollowed, I've given up watching the news also there was never any good news all bad all the time that takes its toll on people.