2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever watched an Everton match? Not sure you have..

The players gave up on Sunday. If it’s Ancelotti fault how do u explain Sigi not touching the ball for 21 minutes in the 5-2 and only touching the ball 35 times in 65 minutes, making 1 tackle and winning 0 duels on Sunday, in fact watch the game again..at one point the ball played to Sigi feet, nearest Liverpool player is 5 yards behind him, he miss controls the ball and it rolls away from him, guess who gets the balls 1st.. here a clue it’s ain’t a player in blue
In fairness, if the manager picks a player who didn't touch the ball for 21 minutes last time he played against the same opposition, just a month earlier, you'd have to say he's not entirely blameless when - to the surprise of absolutely nobody - the same thing happens again, wouldn't you?

The loss wasn't Ancelotti's fault, but I think everyone's assuming that the players are critiquing his tactical acumen, when the likelihood is that it was more a case of saying that they struggled to implement his tactical plan. People are saying he wouldn't have asked them to keep passing about at the back. No, he wouldn't, it's clear that he didn't in fact, because he kept telling them to get it forward quicker. The issue is that the midfield were no good at making themselves available to the defenders, so they kept passing it among eachother, and then either losing it or panicking and launching it. It's fair to say that our tactical plan didn't work in that second half, because while we were evidently aiming to pass the ball out and move them round, we weren't capable of doing it, and it was clear that we weren't capable of doing it after about 5 minutes.

Exactly. This nonsense about not hitting it long. We did, about 5 times, and it came straight back at us every time.
Same with this. It kept coming back because hitting it long wasn't the tactic. The midfield were dropping deep because the tactic was to get them on the ball. We were launching it because we couldn't find passes to them, but they were still deep, so the ball came back because there was nobody up there. What people are advocating is changing the tactical plan, so that the team was actually set up to play the long ball. This would mean that the midfielders were higher up the pitch looking for the second ball, and would (well should) mean that the ball didn't come back as much.

Is it true that Carlo was giving them pelters on the sideline to get them to move it forward quicker and stop farting around going nowhere playing it from the back?

It's almost as if the players were doing the opposite of what the manager wanted....

In fairness, if the manager picks a player who didn't touch the ball for 21 minutes last time he played against the same opposition, just a month earlier, you'd have to say he's not entirely blameless when - to the surprise of absolutely nobody - the same thing happens again, wouldn't you?

The loss wasn't Ancelotti's fault, but I think everyone's assuming that the players are critiquing his tactical acumen, when the likelihood is that it was more a case of saying that they struggled to implement his tactical plan. People are saying he wouldn't have asked them to keep passing out the back. No, he wouldn't, it's clear that he didn't in fact, because he kept telling them to get it forward quicker. The issue is that the midfield were no good at making themselves available to the defenders, so they kept passing it among eachother, and then either losing it or panicking and launching it. It's fair to say that our tactical plan didn't work in that second half, because while we were evidently aiming to pass the ball out and move them round, we weren't capable of doing it, and it was clear that we weren't capable of doing it after about 5 minutes.

Same with this. It kept coming back because hitting it long wasn't the tactic. The midfield were dropping deep because the tactic was to get them on the ball. We were launching it because we couldn't find passes to them, but they were still deep, so the ball came back because there was nobody up there. What people are advocating is changing the tactical plan, so that the team was actually set up to play the long ball. This would mean that the midfielders were higher up the pitch looking for the second ball, and would (well should) mean that the ball didn't come back as much.

Don't come on here knowing about football and explaining it clearly... It won't do

So you think pro footballers play badly, intentionally go down in history as bad players to get the manager sacked- 4 managers in a row.

lol

Martinez – didn't want to play for him any longer, openly reported that players questioned his tactics and approach to letting people turn up late to training/meetings
Koeman – went too far the other way in disciplinary matters, reported that they grew tired with him not bothering
Allardyce – They gave up as soon as it was reported he was set for the boot, remember plenty of half arsed 'chases' in the final few games
Silva – Opnely said himself that some players didn't follow his tactics. Ferguson openly admitted some players were happy to see him go in his first press conference: "There was a mixed feeling [among the players], but we’ve got to try and pick them up now"

Genuinely mad if you don't think players can see the writing on the wall when it comes to a manager getting the boot. They hold the power because they play at the end of the day.

Nah all the forums are just as bad tbh.

In fact some are much worse, as there seems to be very liberal moderation on some of them.

I always remember @Yid4life posting about stuff going on, on one of the Spurs forums, where people were threatening to stab each other lol

Still happens. Mental as anything the TFC forum.

No official moderation. But if someone is really out of order the other posters (if there is enough of them) can get them banned for a period.

As I have said before, it is very funny though.

Absolutely, but to say they are just crap or playing badly on purpose is bollox, there is more to it than that but our genius fanbase would rather boo them than actually have a bit of civility
I didn’t say either of those things though?
I said they were out worked and outfought for a whole 45mins at least, and struggled to do the basic things right.

So you think pro footballers play badly, intentionally go down in history as bad players to get the manager sacked- 4 managers in a row.

lol

Not intentional by the literal meaning of the word. No one has even said that other than you.

But they haven't been willing to fight hard enough and show determination and basic professional pride, even when they knew their boss was on the brink.

They are happy to coast through matches and always look to pass the buck.

They have been an embarrassment to the club and let down many people, including 5 managers now.

As a man with a distance on the city and the country, I haven't really spoken to more than a handful of other Everton fans for a few years until I joined here in July... I don't read other clubs forums but I can't believe there is any other fan base who revel in hating everything about their club as much as some of us do.

Spend 10 mins on TFC mate. There a dozen or more posters who would moan about everything and anything even if we won the quadruple.

Martinez – didn't want to play for him any longer, openly reported that players questioned his tactics and approach to letting people turn up late to training/meetings
Koeman – went too far the other way in disciplinary matters, reported that they grew tired with him not bothering
Allardyce – They gave up as soon as it was reported he was set for the boot, remember plenty of half arsed 'chases' in the final few games
Silva – Opnely said himself that some players didn't follow his tactics. Ferguson openly admitted some players were happy to see him go in his first press conference: "There was a mixed feeling [among the players], but we’ve got to try and pick them up now"

Genuinely mad if you don't think players can see the writing on the wall when it comes to a manager getting the boot. They hold the power because they play at the end of the day.
Sorry but most of that is pure conjecture. Show me quotes mate and I will listen but until I see ANY real evidence ofp layers downing tools for 4 managers in a row, even though most were not even there when martinez was (so totally different players).

Also,"Genuinely mad if you don't think players can see the writing on the wall when it comes to a manager getting the boot. They hold the power because they play at the end of the day."

Why would they start playing badly cos the manager is getting the boot?

These are pros mate, they do not want to be thought of the world over as crap, it goes against everything they have fought for.

Not intentional by the literal meaning of the word. No one has even said that other than you.

But they haven't been willing to fight hard enough and show determination and basic professional pride, even when they knew their boss was on the brink.

They are happy to coast through matches and always look to pass the buck.

They have been an embarrassment to the club and let down many people, including 5 managers now.

Managers get the team playing, they chose formation,tactics, players and are there to motivate. If it ain't happening then it is down to the manager. Not all 25 players in the squad down tools.
Players are not HAPPY to coast, they want to play for their country, bigger clubs go down in history as great players, it's what they do. This myth about downing tools is daft.

Sorry but most of that is pure conjecture. Show me quotes mate and I will listen but until I see ANY real evidence ofp layers downing tools for 4 managers in a row, even though most were not even there when martinez was (so totally different players).

Also,"Genuinely mad if you don't think players can see the writing on the wall when it comes to a manager getting the boot. They hold the power because they play at the end of the day."

Why would they start playing badly cos the manager is getting the boot?

These are pros mate, they do not want to be thought of the world over as crap, it goes against everything they have fought for.

Nah, it's not and I think it's pretty telling that you're the only one fighting this corner.

As a man with a distance on the city and the country, I haven't really spoken to more than a handful of other Everton fans for a few years until I joined here in July... I don't read other clubs forums but I can't believe there is any other fan base who revel in hating everything about their club as much as some of us do.

Remember reading something from one of our players last year saying something similar. Toxic environment. I'd certainly not like to play in that environment.

A few weeks, Schneiderlin had fans after a couple of OK performances. Now he's the devil. Just an example. Not saying it's the same person saying A as B.

Status
Not open for further replies.