January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if 2019 is a fair season to judge Rabiot. He was suspended by PSG till his Juve move and then has played a bit for Juve now he’s fit again. You can target his goals/assists but Gomes is hardly prolific in either of these.

Football might be about stats but not all of the best midfielders scored/assisted often.

Yep that's true and take it on board.

But even in the past when I've watched him - honestly, I've just never got it.

He progresses the ball well, but can you honestly see him really helping us in any way that'd be worth the money? He'd be on a massive wedge and his attitude has been an issue. He isn't creative and he doesn't really offer that much protection either.

I just think it'd be a bit of a weird one and the type of signing we need to get away from.

Iwobi won't be leaving and neither will Walcott. They aren't a problem, in that they at least try and get either themselves or the ball forward. The problem is the slow, lazy players.
Would say it's to early to judge Iwobi, looks ok when in the centre, new manager and a few new players around him might bring him on a bit.

I dunno if 2019 is a fair season to judge Rabiot. He was suspended by PSG till his Juve move and then has played a bit for Juve now he’s fit again. You can target his goals/assists but Gomes is hardly prolific in either of these.

Football might be about stats but not all of the best midfielders scored/assisted often.
Doesn’t Scholes only have something like 50odd assists his whole career?
Yet was an integral mainstay in one of the most dominating sides ever.

Yep that's true and take it on board.

But even in the past when I've watched him - honestly, I've just never got it.

He progresses the ball well, but can you honestly see him really helping us in any way that'd be worth the money? He'd be on a massive wedge and his attitude has been an issue. He isn't creative and he doesn't really offer that much protection either.

I just think it'd be a bit of a weird one and the type of signing we need to get away from.

Oh I never said I’d want him, I think his best position is a position Gomes can definitely play and one in which possibly gets in the way of Gbamin. Was just pointing out 2019 wasn’t really a year for him.

Right now Everton are totally stuck thanks to Walsh/Koeman and Allardyce.
Gilfi-paid way over the top plus massive wages
Snides-Massive wages
Sandro- massive wages
Keane- rubbish probably on big wages
Bolasie- big wages
Cocu- on decent wages
Niassie- more wages
Tosun- again wages and won’t leave
Walcott- on big wages

They all need shifting but it’s unlikely to happen any time soon

People are obsessed with goals/assist but our best midfielder, for me, over the last few years was Barry and he never did either.

He was the last midfielder we had who actually looked forward first, and rarely backwards.

Luckily though we actually had a player in Barkley who could take a pass and also go forward.

Now we have a team of crabs who look sideways and backwards first.

There are ways. Sigurssdson is "worth" £25m and payed £100k a week. Club X wants him but can only pay £50k a week. So we sell him to them for £25m and pay half his wages over a 3 year contract, meaning we effectively sell him for £17m and they don't break their wage structure.
Problem is nobody will be anything like 25m for him. Same as like nobody will pay anything like 10m for Tosun, or 10m for Walcott. On Sigurdsson's salary I'd be surprised if anybody was prepared to pay anything for him. No team challenging for Europe would go near him, and on 100k a week most other teams would struggle to put the money together to bring him in. Hopefully we can offload Tosun on loan until his deal is over, at least saving a chunk of his wage. Walcott will stay, unfortunately, same as Iwobi. At least soon we'll be free of Niasse. No idea when Sandro's deal expires but at least we've been able to offload him. I am certain we're paying most of his wages though.

There are ways. Sigurssdson is "worth" £25m and payed £100k a week. Club X wants him but can only pay £50k a week. So we sell him to them for £25m and pay half his wages over a 3 year contract, meaning we effectively sell him for £17m and they don't break their wage structure.
Problem is nobody will be anything like 25m for him. Same as like nobody will pay anything like 10m for Tosun, or 10m for Walcott. On Sigurdsson's salary I'd be surprised if anybody was prepared to pay anything for him. No team challenging for Europe would go near him, and on 100k a week most other teams would struggle to put the money together to bring him in. Hopefully we can offload Tosun on loan until his deal is over, at least saving a chunk of his wage. Walcott will stay, unfortunately, same as Iwobi. At least soon we'll be free of Niasse. No idea when Sandro's deal expires but at least we've been able to offload him. I am certain we're paying most of his wages though.

Things unfortunately aren't going to get any better until we shift the 'wage stealers' such as Schneiderlin, bolasie, et als.

If we haven't got the players in the under 23's to rely on i'd be looking at players from the championship who are hungry and able to make the grade. Madison a clear example of quality existing there....

People are obsessed with goals/assist but our best midfielder, for me, over the last few years was Barry and he never did either.

Times like now show how good Barry really was. Pure quality on the ball, nothing fancy, all effective.

What a fantastic signing he was. Especially considering the negativity about it (I will happily say I was one who was going WTF).

.....it’s Wednesday 8th January, and here’s this mornings Toffee transfer rumour round-up;

- The Liverpool Echo report Carlo Ancelotti as saying Everton will not do much transfer business this month. The Toffees manager has spoken to Marcel Brands about giving the Academy players more of an opportunity.

- Mundo Deportivo has dismissed claims that Barcelona centre-back, Jean-Clair Todibo has agreed to join AC Milan. The 20 year old will make a decision in mid-January, wanting to first talk to interested Premier League clubs (Everton, Watford and Southampton). Milan have reportedly given the Frenchman 48 hours to make a decision before moving onto other targets.

- The Star links Everton with Saint-Etienne Centre-Back, Wesley Fofana. The Ligue1 side are said to be ready to cash in on the 19 year old.

- Brazilian giants Santos have have dismissed a loan bid from Everton for centre-back Lucas Verissimo, according to UOL website. Santos are in need of money, so it made no sense to lend the 24 year old. Football Insider says Santos would sell Verissimo for £7m.

- Gazetto Dello Sport report Everton interest in Roma’s Steven N’Zonzi. The 31 year old central midfielder is currently on loan at Fenerbahce but was recently suspended after a training ground incident.

- Fotospor say Fenerbahce has joined the race to sign Everton striker, Cenk Tosun. Club President, Semih Ozsoy, met with Tosun’s father, Senol, who said his son prefers you stay in the Premier League. Speaking to the Turkish Daily Star, Besiktas Captain Burak Yilmaz, has urged the 28 year old to rejoin his club but that article also confirms Tosun’s preference to stay in the Premier League.

- A number of outlets pick up on the rumour from Goal, linking Everton with a move for Sassuolo winger, Jeremie Boga. The former Chelsea youth has a £17m price tag and is in the European top 5 statistics for ‘most dribbles completed.’

- The Telegraph again report Everton interest in Juventus centre-back, Merih Demiral, but the Turkish international only joined last summer from Sassuolo and the Italian giants are reluctant to sell the 21 year old.

£7m for a player seems really cheap in the current market, we have been quoted as being prepared to pay loan fees of £5m. I think he is the oldest defender we have been linked with at 24, I would rather we sign someone of this age, than the u21 defenders we have been linked with.

The Steven Nzonzi links have been going on for about 4 managers now, surely we are not still interested in him, if we ever were. I read about 18 months ago that he wanted to come back to the UK because he has a child living here

Status
Not open for further replies.