Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
80% of posts on derby threads contain absolutely no optimism or hope, let alone belief, that we can win. The same threads are full of comments lambasting the players for being bottlers and having a negative attitude.
I mean it's hard to keep being positive and being optimistic when they throw it back in your face time after time.

80% of posts on derby threads contain absolutely no optimism or hope, let alone belief, that we can win. The same threads are full of comments lambasting the players for being bottlers and having a negative attitude.
That's because over the years most of them have been. We need them to show some grit and not look and behave like they have been caught in the headlights. Hopefully today will be that day because these have been getting it too easy against us for far too long. COYB

How can you expect the fan base to be optimistic about winning at a ground we haven't won at in 20 years? When the players start believing and showing they can win then maybe the fans will too.
So how can we expect the players to be optimistic in the same circumstances? Maybe the players wouldn't be as negative if the fans weren't so bloody downbeat.

Apparently a video on twitter of the liverpool team having a stroll in liverpool somewhere,looks like alot like the team that played Villa.

Whichever team they put out, it's 11 players on each side. They're not gods or supermen; they're not invincible. They can and will be beaten soon, hopefully today. For the record I think all the talk about youngsters is mind games but I'd rather we beat their full side than play their kids.

Looking at their team news (Matip, Lovren, Shaqiri out)... The likelihood is Klopp goes all or nothing... VVD, Roberton and Arnold play every game... If he leaves them out, he may aswell do the same with Mane....at that point why bother risking Salah and Firmino in a game they'll likely lose anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.