January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just not sure you pay Carlo Ancelotti 11m a year and then give him a group of players that are 2 or 3 years away from being consistent.
But the alternative might be to give him a group that isn't very good. I look at what we've done with Richarlison as the best case for us. More of those are out there but it requires a level of trust and Silva showed Richarlison that. The one thing we can thank him for.

In that mid 20s range we've bought Digne, Gomes, Sidibe and Bernard since Brands arrived. That's not bad but it isn't taking us up levels either.

But the alternative might be to give him a group that isn't very good. I look at what we've done with Richarlison as the best case for us. More of those are out there but it requires a level of trust and Silva showed Richarlison that. The one thing we can thank him for.

In that mid 20s range we've bought Digne, Gomes, Sidibe and Bernard since Brands arrived. That's not bad but it isn't taking us up levels either.

They are all mostly better than what we had tho.

But the next step is much, much harder.

They are all mostly better than what we had tho.

But the next step is much, much harder.
I don't doubt that we can find players to make us better at all. It's finding players to make us good that's hard.

I just look at the ages of players that Leicester and Spurs have to make the jumps they made and see that as the way to do it. And I also see United who toss unlimited amounts at players who are supposed to come in and perform and can't.

To me the goal should be to aim younger except for the rare instances when someone too good to ignore comes around. James would be in that category.

Maybe because they are visibly running out of steam.
They wont finish top 4...vault me.

Anyways decent player this season Ndidi , last season was pyar gash.
Not sure Carlo would pick him either.

Running out of steam?

They've won 9 of there last 12 games, the two they lost where Liverpool and City

Strange

Most these budget/Everton are skint/sell to buy rumour are from bedroom twitter kopites.

Probably the same ones that spread the nonsense about us cheering city goals when we were playing them

Always makes me laugh That shout. When I think back to the 09-10 season when Liverpool played Chelsea at anfield. Chelsea were going for the title against United (with anchelotti as manager funnily enough) and Gerrard did a pass back that drogba scored and the entire stadium went mental.

As well as that they had flags saying cockneys for a day hanging off the stands. They are a truly hypocritical and despicable club. No wonder their greatest ever manager ended up hating them and becoming a blue.

13 Players I think we'll keep and their ages at the start of next season:

GK: Pickford 26
RB: Kenny 22
CB: Holgate 23
CB: Mina 25
LB: Digne 27
DM: Gbamin 24
CM: Davies 22
CM: Gomes 27
AM: Bernard 27
AM: Iwobi 24
CF: Richarlison 22
CF: DCL 23
CF: Kean 20

As ive posted before we have 50% of a good squad.

I think we have 2 summers to build the squad and make an impact...by which time all those players will be 1 year older and more experienced playing with each other.

What I would do is go for 5 top notch u23 age players over the next 4 windows so we have a squad built for the long term. Pad it out with players like Sidibe and we wont go far wrong.

If we look at the really top potential with Tonali (Brescia) and Aouar (Lyon) level ability in midfield for example then with huge upside we cant go far wrong.

Sign less players but of top class potential and mould a team.

Running out of steam?

They've won 9 of there last 12 games, the two they lost where Liverpool and City

Strange
We matched them at their ground, they were the better team at goodison. Main difference for me was Madison and vardy. Been pointed out loads of times that we need a passing midfielder and a goalscoring striker. With them we would be right up the league. Let's hope Carlo finds them

13 Players I think we'll keep and their ages at the start of next season:

GK: Pickford 26
RB: Kenny 22
CB: Holgate 23
CB: Mina 25
LB: Digne 27
DM: Gbamin 24
CM: Davies 22
CM: Gomes 27
AM: Bernard 27
AM: Iwobi 24
CF: Richarlison 22
CF: DCL 23
CF: Kean 20

As ive posted before we have 50% of a good squad.

I think we have 2 summers to build the squad and make an impact...by which time all those players will be 1 year older and more experienced playing with each other.

What I would do is go for 5 top notch u23 age players over the next 4 windows so we have a squad built for the long term. Pad it out with players like Sidibe and we wont go far wrong.

If we look at the really top potential with Tonali (Brescia) and Aouar (Lyon) level ability in midfield for example then with huge upside we cant go far wrong.

Sign less players but of top class potential and mould a team.
When you look at those players and their ages there is great potential in the next few years. Get the right additions in and we can challenge. Carlo and his coaches to get the team to a high level of fitness and we could he there

Im just not sure you pay Carlo Ancelotti 11m a year and then give him a group of players that are 2 or 3 years away from being consistent.

Alex Ferguson brought through Beckham, Giggs and the rest and did pretty well out of it.

If Ancelotti is serious long term then lets build a young squad (were halfway there) and once built he can sprinkle one or two stars on top each summer.

Its ok to go for those types but unless theyre late bloomers or unsuited to a league/manager/formation we wont be finding the new Maradona there...

Maybe because they are visibly running out of steam.
They wont finish top 4...vault me.

Anyways decent player this season Ndidi , last season was pyar gash.
Not sure Carlo would pick him either.
I think hes a great player, not spectacular but is that vital cog in the engine tgat makes the whole team click.

Ndidi has been class since Leicester signed him from Genk...one of the 'key' players for the top sides in the league...surprised he wasnt a massive money target for united last summer.

@blulouie im assuming you didnt watch him much last season? The boy is massively underated...

I reckon Ancelotti will be looking for ball players in midfield but who are strong all rounders.

Running out of steam?

Strange
City should have beat them by more than 3-1.

Walloped by Liverpool ( could have been 10-0)

Very fortunate to beat a crap West Ham.

An Ieanacho dodgy VAR goal agst us at the King Power.

And out on their feet in the Carabao cup agst us the longer the game went on, won on pens if was extra time we'ed have won.

Yes running out of steam.
They wont finish top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.