Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gone for Bernard as I thought he grew into the game and became very influential. DCL for me did not deserve just because he scored a cracking goal. Forwards are on the pitch to put the ball in the net and if DCL did not score today then he would not have even been considered

From where I was sat:
  • Burnley made absolutely no attempt to win anything more than one point
  • We need to move the ball a LOT quicker
  • Fabian Delph should be being served alongside a nutcracker and a nice glass of white at Loch Fyne
  • Coleman and Sidibe were bloody good
  • DCL scored a cracking header
  • Ancelotti is boss
On a side note if you’re so small time that you’re going to time-waste from the first minute and not even attempt to win a game then you are an absolute affront to the elite tier of English football and you should be fired into the sun. Dyche and Burnley are an absolute embarrassment and shouldn’t be anywhere near that league. Just imagine actually following that lot up and down the country week in week out.

Last edited:
3 magnificent points and technically unbeaten in 5 now

The CM is a horror show though. Two of the most experienced players on the pitch and they are in there killing momentum with constant safe passes and often backwards. Siggurdson was actually a bit better than he has been but still bad but Delph was terrible.

Dyche is a cowardly Moyes type. They could have taken us on no problem and would have had a chance. Thankfully he handed us control for the whole game.

Onwards and upwards! Keep the form steady and add something in January. Just finish season in top 10 and move on from there.

Thought Holgate was MOTM myself. Confident and assured. Only made one minor mistake and always wants to move us forward. Sidibe a close second.

Sidibe and Bernard the stand out performers. But Bernard gets my vote. Small steps but there was an improvement today. It’s just a pity that Carlo hasn’t got more time on the training ground in between games.

Burnley play alehouse football, only one team wanted to win that and I thought we were comfortable winners.
Do one Dyche, with your one dimensional, agricultural, time wasting tactics. Had to laugh though at the ref, looking at his watch and indicating time wasting against Everton, Burnley done it for the full game !
Thought we played well and tried to play football, final ball let us down, and Burnley bodies in the box. Good three points against a horrible team.

Sidibe Man of the match for me, created chances all game, didn't make the right decisions all the time, but the best of the lot. Burnley offered little in front of goal, I think if anyone was going to win it it was us. Puts us up to 13th now on 22 points, need another 18 points to be safe from 17 games. Think we can do it. Hope we can sign some players in January, Zlatan just been announced at AC Milan, which is a shame, it would have been great to see him in blue
You fo real? I'd like to bloody think so lol

Burnley manager Sean Dyche told Amazon:

"We knew it would be awkward and we thought there would be a response. First half, we quelled that response and there was nothing of real consequence.
"We had a golden chance from a fee-kick but maybe it would have been disallowed. In the second half, we tried to bring something to the game but we got done by a sucker punch. It was a really poor giveaway and they capitalised.
"Ashley Barnes we are having to manage. He has a groin situation and we have two games in three days so we are trying to monitor the players. We kept it tight and some of our defending was excellent so a lot of good signs from that. We did not open them up as many times as we would hope, and when we did, that final detail was disappointing."

Burnley manager Sean Dyche told Match of the Day:
"I thought we coped with it [Ancelotti's first game]. We quelled the game in the first half which was the game plan because we thought they would play with energy. We never really looked in too much trouble and then we wanted to progress in the second half. It was a giveaway in the second half and they nicked it.
"It was a poor mistake, Dwight [McNeil] was trying to play inside football and it was not on. He is a fantastic footballer and he will learn. Our two centre-halves were excellent today and I was pleased with the defensive side of the team. We know we have to work for those collective moments of quality in the final third, but it was a good ball in and a great finish to credit them [Everton].
"We think we have got quality and we have shown that at times but some days it is softer than others. Chris [Wood] had a great chance but I think it was just offside. The next pass and the next detail is what we are trying to consistently improve on."

Last edited:
Side note, Pope seems a very solid and complete keeper. Could’ve been 3-0 without him in there. Picks has his hands full to keep his England place if Pope is consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.