2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
His words D.

“I liked the football they played and I think Duncan did a good job in the short period that he was here,” the new Blues boss said of Big Dunc's interim spell in charge.

“He did a fantastic job in my opinion. They had good defensive organisation, I liked it, I have to speak to him, of course, but he will work with me and we can talk every single day about this.”
Diplomacy.

You and I both know that Ancelotti wont be carrying on anything that a cone layer at FF began.

It used to be 10 years ago, Serie A and the Bundesliga are glorified SPL's these days, same team has won it the last 7 or 8 years.

Napoli have been 2nd or 3rd for the last 4 years so he was always going to finish around about there.

If we're going to focus on what's impressive about Carlo's CV, his time at Napoli and Bayern aren't really it.
Mate..

You try and claim that you're happy with the appointment but you clearly don't seem it..

It's not 'impartiality' either - you're actively trying to find every negative angle you can here. It's weird.

Interesting this I thought.

Carlo Ancelotti insists Farhad Moshiri has not demanded he implement a certain style of play at Everton, but the Italian has vowed to bring “aggressive” and “offensive” football to Goodison to put pressure on the Blues' opponents.

“I want to put attractive football in here, showing a good spirit as the team did their in last four games, and play good football, attractive football, offensive football, aggressive football,” he told the ECHO. "Aggressive means to put pressure on the opponent.”

I honestly think Chelsea was some kind of light bulb moment for Farhad

" why are the fans so quiet, why aren't they happy with the managers"..... Then he sees a blood and guts performance which lifts the roof of the stadium and he realises every manager has lacked the one ingredient that is required, passion.

Ancelotti won't have to scream and shout, his name alone will lift Goodison because he's exactly the type of manager we've been waiting for nearly all of our lifetimes.

Keep the players hungry, working hard for each other, add in a bit of flair into the mix and we won't go far wrong.

I honestly think Chelsea was some kind of light bulb moment for Farhad

" why are the fans so quiet, why aren't they happy with the managers"..... Then he sees a blood and guts performance which lifts the roof of the stadium and he realises every manager has lacked the one ingredient that is required, passion.

Ancelotti won't have to scream and shout, his name alone will lift Goodison because he's exactly the type of manager we've been waiting for nearly all of our lifetimes.

Keep the players hungry, working hard for each other, add in a bit of flair into the mix and we won't go far wrong.

I'm trying to think of a real 'Everton' performance where we bullied a team like that since he bought in and I'm drawing a blank.

You have really good performances – Chelsea in the cup, City 4-0, but drawing a blank on one where we nailed a team and didn't let them breathe.

I'm trying to think of a real 'Everton' performance where we bullied a team like that since he bought in and I'm drawing a blank.

You have really good performances – Chelsea in the cup, City 4-0, but drawing a blank on one where we nailed a team and didn't let them breathe.

100% there hasn't been one like that for years. We've had some great performances like City, Utd, in the league and like you said the Chelsea game in the Cup but the Chelsea game was one where to a man they chased down everything in packs, were agrressive and then actually took our chances when they came.

Goodison is frightening when it's like that and would rattle any team and raise any players performance. We've got to get that consistently and its down to the players getting right up for it from the off, that makes a massive difference.

Mate..

You try and claim that you're happy with the appointment but you clearly don't seem it..

It's not 'impartiality' either - you're actively trying to find every negative angle you can here. It's weird.

How is it negative to say that on a glittering CV like his, the most impressive bits are the ones where he won League titles and European Cups, rather than the last two jobs he had where his achievements were less impressive?

I don’t need to ‘claim’ anything, I know I’m absolutely delighted with the appointment and I’m as excited as I’ve been about Football in a long time.

But people saying things like “it’s an achievement to finish 2nd with Napoli” or “it’s an achievement to win a league with Bayern” when the stats patently don’t bear that out, I feel compelled to point that out - he has far more prominent success to focus on if that’s the aim.

Get yourself a copy of Ancelottis book. Starting reading it and it’s a really good insight. Can buy it and read on your phone or iPad.

The funny thing is I don't have a problem with that, negative comments keep us on our toes, and the lads who are sceptical about us bringing in Ancelotti could in the long run be right, we're about too find out.

No issue with the point being made, just dont wanna see it every single time i enter the thread. Same people, over and over and over. DaveK syndrome. And you can't ignore them as the thread just gets lost for you when you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.