2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be very interesting to see how he sets the team up and who fills what positions.

The perceived wisdom appears to be that he plays 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield.

If that's correct then based on who is currently available I'd expect him to go with something like ;

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne

Schneiderlin

Davies Delph

Sigurdsson

DCL Richarlison

Wonder how long it will be before he realises that we need at least 1 centre half , all 4 of that midfield are nowhere near good enough and that DCL for all his athleticism and work ethic just isn't the answer ?

I think he is the best manager in the world right now, with Zidane a close 2nd and then Pep. We couldn't have done any better.

I've been a fan of Ancelotti since 2013 when he was at Real Madrid. The players loved him, you could tell. They didn't want him to leave including Ronaldo, but it was Perez that wanted a change.

Carlo 9.JPG

I think he is the best manager in the world right now, with Zidane a close 2nd and then Pep. We couldn't have done any better.

I've been a fan of Ancelotti since 2013 when he was at Real Madrid. The players loved him, you could tell. They didn't want him to leave including Ronaldo, but it was Perez that wanted a change.

View attachment 74681
Not really sure how you can have Zidane in that list period. And where is Klopp? I know he is someone we love to hate but you are honestly suggesting that Zidane is a better manager right now ?

It will be very interesting to see how he sets the team up and who fills what positions.

The perceived wisdom appears to be that he plays 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield.

If that's correct then based on who is currently available I'd expect him to go with something like ;

Pickford

Sidibe Holgate Mina Digne

Schneiderlin

Davies Delph

Sigurdsson

DCL Richarlison

Wonder how long it will be before he realises that we need at least 1 centre half , all 4 of that midfield are nowhere near good enough and that DCL for all his athleticism and work ethic just isn't the answer ?
Think it will be 4-3-3 with Kean up top.

Your definition of a big club is different from mine. In your opinion, how many big clubs are there and will you name them?

Well, again we’re going off topic somewhat so I don’t want to dwell on it but, In this country?

Top six.

If you want to expand the definition to include historically successful clubs like us, Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest (all of whom haven’t won a thing for several decades) then it becomes diluted and ceases to mean really anything.

The term “big club”, to me anyway, implies competing regularly for major honours, all of which the current top six do and have done at varying levels over the last 20 years.

Us and someone like Villa are still reputable clubs but it doesn’t and hasn’t translated into anything meaningful for generations of fans - we are no longer giants of the game and haven’t been for 30 odd years.

Perhaps a sleeping giant about to be awoken from it’s slumber?

Status
Not open for further replies.