2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right - I misread his Parma years. I though he was there 3 years instead of two. But that shows there was even more regression than I thought. I thought he went 6th 2nd 6th, when he actually went 2nd then 6th.

So the progression was - Scala 3rd, Ancelotti, 2nd 6th.

Ultimately he was a young manager at the time, but he was not a success at Parma. He was kind of like their Martinez, or like the guy who replaced Martin ONeill at Leicester.

The good thing is he learned from the experience, not least of which was losing his tactical rigidity, as he was a firm believer in Sacchi’s 4-4-2.

Nevertheless, his time in Serie A is underwhelming when it comes to league performance, as he only won it once despite managing AC Milan, Juventus, Parma and Napoli.

He is undoubtedly one of the greatest cup managers ever (which certainly would be good for us) but just above average as a league manager.

Just above average as a league manager eh lol

Just the league titles with Milan, Madrid, PSG, Bayern and Chelsea.

What a let down that is!

Just above average as a league manager eh lol

Just the league titles with Milan, Madrid, PSG, Bayern and Chelsea.

What a let down that is!
Who says he is a let down? He is an unbelievable appointment! But he is not Superman, and I would hate to see some sort of Rafael at Newcastle cult emerge!

He actually has a very difficult job ahead.

Dude' has a personality. Silva was even more boring than Moyes.
Moyes was alright at first, ‘People’s Club’ and a few other sound bites were nice but after the first few years became dour. Aside from Martinez, whose phenomenal optimism became incredibly grating eventually, we’ve been well lacking in personality and charisma

Just looking at the pics mate. I know nothing.

in the video he was just happy as others, this was the shot he was nervous listenin the great Carlo. then again he may still go in January but the video of him training with the team today did not look so moody

Alex Ferguson had won three Scottish Premier League titles, as well as a bunch of Scottish cup competitions and the Cup Winners Cup and European Super Cup before even starting with Man Utd.

He also won 13 Premier League titles. That is a hell of a lot more than Carlo. In fact at Aberdeen alone he won almost as many leagues, despite being up against the Old Firm and the great Dundee United team.

I used to think Ancelotti’s European record was better, but upon closer inspection I would say Ferguson’s 2xCup Winners Cups and two Champion's Leagues is superior on that score as well.

Time for bed mate

Alex Ferguson had won three Scottish Premier League titles, as well as a bunch of Scottish cup competitions and the Cup Winners Cup and European Super Cup before even starting with Man Utd.

He also won 13 Premier League titles. That is a hell of a lot more than Carlo. In fact at Aberdeen alone he won almost as many leagues, despite being up against the Old Firm and the great Dundee United team.

I used to think Ancelotti’s European record was better, but upon closer inspection I would say Ferguson’s 2xCup Winners Cups and two Champion's Leagues is superior on that score as well.
Jesus wept. I was simply pointing out you can cherry-pick stats to suit any agenda, but you've gone off on a tangent, inferring I was comparing Ancelotti to Alex Ferguson.

Talk about putting your own spin on things.

Are you an MP?

I think I'll leave it there, as this is like....

I think we need to get things in to perspective we have just signed the manager who has just been sacked by Napoli. A club who have won two League titles and one European trophy in their entire history.

Ancelotti was a top manager. It remains to be seen whether he can recapture that kind of form. Because his recent record is pretty underwhelming. Perhaps we should hang fire and not raise expectations too high and see how he performs. We have a terrible habit of getting ahead of ourselves and then turning on the manager when things aren't perfect straight away.

It is going to be a long term project and maybe we should temper our expectations and give Carlo a fair chance.

When you see Carlo Ancelotti in the home dugout, then see he’s put Gylfi Sigurdsson has captain

giphy.gif
this won't happen, either Digne or Coleman for me

Status
Not open for further replies.