Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all watched Tosun storm down the tunnel today. Ok good, he's pissed. I don't mind that. He literally contributed nothing though. He wasn't the only one. But where do you get off fronting a temper tantrum? He needs a slap on his head. His performance, if you call it that, made my eyes ache.

That's the problem. We have players who's ego's are bigger than the club. They are lucky to be at the club. Right through the team, the so called big money signings have failed spectacularly. They've contributed nothing and they are a parasitic drain on the clubs resources.

Our high paid profile players on big wages are simply not performing. We all know who they are. With Ancelotti they get a clean slate, I don't think he will suffer players coasting.

We know sure, they'll go through brick walls when another manager has been sacked. But show the talent for why you were hired in first place. I've seen players in the Bootle and Litherland League demonstrate better decision making than we saw today.

It was appalling, Arsenal were there for taking. Ok, the players were tired, whatever. Increasingly the excuses for the players will wear thin. It's essential Ancelotti brings in players, who don't wilt. Who step up. And cajole or downright intimidate players to step up their game.

Not sure, they tried hard enough but yeah lacked any quality, intensity and inspiration that can come from the sidelines or on the pitch we lacked creativity. It did look like mental fatigue. It was a very Silva-esque performance to me not so much that they had downed tools but that they looked lacking confidence, tired and nervous. Anywayy, maybe it was having given so much in so many games it stank of tiredness and mental fatigue/weakness here's hoping to better with Carlo having a weeks training with them.
Pathetic that they cant handle 2 games in a week. Underlines how poor the overall first team squad culture has become.

Dont know what some are banging on about with our squad. It doesn't need a massive re-build. We just meed to add 3/4 top quality players.

Out of the current squad only Pickford, Sidibe, Mina, Digne, Gomes, Iwobi & Richarlison have what it takes to be regular first team players. If Holgate carries on his form then maybe him as well. None of us have seen the potential quality GBamin will bring once he’s fully fit and has a run of games under his belt so I won’t include him in that list. The others are just not starting XI quality and should be fringe players. The likes of Keane, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Tosun need binning. Priority needs to be a new centre half, two central midfielders, a creative midfielder and a new centre forward.

The players know the game is up for them. They wanted a continuation of the holiday camp they’ve enjoyed the last few years. They’ll be in a mood now because the manager will now be untouchable and they won’t be able to pull the wool over his eyes.
Yes.

They wanted the galoot to stay on because they knew it wouldn't get too technical. The truth is that these players are mentally weak as well as medicore talent-wise. The scouting on them was poor and we ended up with players cast off from other clubs - no doubt due in large part to the fact they dont take instruction well.

In short: this club has seen Koeman and Brands waste over £400M on players that Ancelotti now has to get shut of and bring his own intelligent players in to replace.

Tosun Niasse & Schniederlain will do

Tosun and Niasse should never be in the club period, let alone in the Premier league. Schniederlain has crawled so far up his own ass, he thinks he's more than a decent player. Frankly his recent pronouncements, regarding players he wasn't even worthy to tie their boots, was embarrassing.

It nailed it for me, these players really not only believe their own hype but they're narcissistic enough to believe that people will buy into that nonsense. He's a journeyman, that got lucky and flattered to deceive.

At least he has acknowledged that it’s gonna be a work in progress. He will have his plans outlined. I just pray the board back him completely to help him achieve this. It’s important we as fans back him too and don’t jump on his back so soon. We are not dealing with a tin pot manager like Silva who nobody knows what he could achieve, we are dealing with a great manager who we know can and does win things and achieves success.

But Ebbrell is our Arteta lol

I think he'll assess everyone internally until the summer and then i think we'll see sweeping changes.

The players must be shattered, from the first minute of Ferguson taking charge they were running full tilt. Its clear that they werent used to that level of endurance and so its no surprise that they couldnt keep it up at Arsenal.

The tactics changed to alot more play on the deck, I think to save energy.

With so many injuries and sickness in the squad it was to be expected.

Now we need to focus on 6pts from Burnley and Newcastle before the nightmare City away game.
He couldn't motivate, because he couldn't motivate himself. He knew he didn't have the job and wasn't too arsed about whipping up a storm to get at Arsenal.

That's why he was never ever going to be a serious shout for the Everton job, despite all the wishes of the legion of fans on a boyhood nostalgia trip conned into believeing he could cut it. He doesn't have the discipline for the task at hand.

Yes.

They wanted the galoot to stay on because they knew it wouldn't get too technical. The truth is that these players are mentally weak as well as medicore talent-wise. The scouting on them was poor and we ended up with players cast off from other clubs - no doubt due in large part to the fact they dont take instruction well.

In short: this club has seen Koeman and Brands waste over £400M on players that Ancelotti now has to get shut of and bring his own intelligent players in to replace.
Bang on this. Hopefully this is the beginning top footballers and professionals coming through the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.