Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-7 points off 6th

season isn’t over.
If (and it’s a massive if) we get a Zlatan type signing and a top CM in Jan I think we could salvage the season to some degree. It’s a tough market but the lure of working with Ancelotti might help get something over the line.

My guess is we will have 3 or possibly 4 brought in early January.

Sounds a lot for a winter widow , but due to injuries and the obvious lack of a centre back , a goalscorer and a ball carrying midfielder 3 or 4 will come in.
A good point you make here mate.
We certainly need more than one player in January and probably the same again in the summer. It may sound like a lot but if we don't bring extra numbers in we will continue to rely on players like Schneiderlin, Keane, Tosun and to some degree Sigurdsson to replace injuries.
I'm hoping that Ancelotti will bring some degree of professionalism to the boardroom as well as the squad, and if we Ev this up now we really are a basket case.
It's now or never Everton!

Really looking forward to what the next few months bring
Yeah me to. For me the majority of the squad get a clean slate and 1 last chance to show they Deserve to play for Everton. If players can’t buy into what we are trying to achieve here, and under a truly world class manager then they need to leave. And I hope we can install a winners mentality at the club, no more negative already lost before we kick a ball crap. Will take time and will need players who have been there and done it. Great times ahead.

Motivation

Motivation, psychology, belief, confidence. When you work under someone who makes you feel a purpose, invulnerable, the best that you can be. You feel ten foot high.

The last time I saw that with Everton, was when Peter Reid, Andy Gray et al walked out. The funny thing is, it's like an infection, it spreads. They came out like titans. We knew and they knew they were going to win.

Our players walk out, intimidated, cowed and unable to express themselves. So yes Psychology, whatever that means. Or a feckin' winning mentality. We don't have it, but if we are ever going to get anywhere our players need it. And that is something that has been sorely missing in all aspects of the club, since those titans graced Goodison Park.

Our players have been underperforming lately. Whether that's down to confidence or the style of play asked of them but they look like it's their first time playing together. End of last season they performed well beating Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea but where is that desire and talent now? They just look lost of it all.

I hope Carlo picks out the players he can trust quickly and builds the team around them. There’s plenty of deadwood in this squad who know they have no future.

Carlo gets the full contract for me. If we’re playing poorly and the players look clueless, it won’t be because of the man at the top. They can’t down tools for this man, it won’t wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.