2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Bassett got a 1-1 draw instead of a dry bumming. Not a permanent fix but 4 points in 2 games against two of the perceived top teams isn't bad going with the long list of injuries we have. Ffs Dave we had Holgate playing CM for the first time in his career next to Davies who has been going for a rough patch lately.

I was embarrased. It was Moyes without the 'finesse'...thats how basic it was.

I was embarrased. It was Moyes without the 'finesse'...thats how basic it was.
Fair enough but lets be honest with the players we had available due to the huge backlog of injuries we have I'd take a 1-1 draw playing pub football against a decent United team who had just beat Spurs and City back to back than playing tippy tappy football and getting beat 3-0

Fair enough but lets be honest with the players we had available due to the huge backlog of injuries we have I'd take a 1-1 draw playing pub football against a decent United team who had just beat Spurs and City back to back than playing tippy tappy football and getting beat 3-0
Result aside, that United team were far from convincing yesterday. They are young and although they had good results of late they look raw and gutless at times. We gave them too much respect.

Result aside, that United team were far from convincing yesterday. They are young and although they had good results of late they look raw and gutless at times. We gave them too much respect.
And we had a very young team out as well. Only Bernard from the midfield or strikers was over 23 years of age and not long back from injury, 23 year old Holgate playing CM for the first time and was the best player on the park imo.

hang on... ‘they are young’.

4 of their starting 11 are 23 or younger.

5 of our starters were 23 or under.

care to compliment our younger team?

Gbamin - ???

Kean - ???

Delph - Average

Iwobi - Average

Gomes - Average

£120 million spent

Oh Dear what a garbage window we've just had.

Gomes + Iwobi are good players to have in the squad.

Delph + Kean we would get our money back on

Gbamin has been injured

We WERE embarrassed.

The 'kin state of that football and formation.

Mike Bassett.

Lost me here...

Away game
Numerous injuries
Very young team
Players out of position and unfit

Unlucky not to win.

DCL
Richarlison
Iwobi
Holgate
Davies
Mina
Pickford

All 25 and under...Digne/Keane 26...Bernard 27

Only Coleman was over 27 years old.

Id say that its quite an exciting statement to be able to field such a young side and to be disappointed not to win away.

Status
Not open for further replies.