Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily - he made Paul Clement his assistant manager at Chelsea, who, like Duncan, had worked his way up through the ranks and was already in place before Ancelotti arrived. One of Ancelotti's major strengths is how well he adapts to different setups and integrates with the people at the club. I think he's one of the few managers that would be okay with having an AM presented to him, to be honest.

Ancelotti's experience and calmness with Ferguson's raw passion could work well.

That's just my opinion anyway. As always you can take it or indeed leave it.

He can have Ferguson's passion as a coach though. Clement was very highly regarded within football so naturally it clicked at Chelsea for him. I imagine, and that's all any of us can do, a top manager like Ancelotti would want someone suited to the assistant role like Clement was. Not sure Ferguson is there.

I just think touting Ferguson for manager or assistant is a bit short-sighted and getting carried away. We dont really know what level Ferguson is at with his coaching. His ability to suddenly drive the team and playing for each other is clearly evident, but tactically. we know little other than he likes a 4-4-2 and to counter.

I didn't mean to be dismissive @Brownie if that's how it comes across. Just people are (understandably) getting a bit excited .

He can have Ferguson's passion as a coach though. Clement was very highly regarded within football so naturally it clicked at Chelsea for him. I imagine, and that's all any of us can do, a top manager like Ancelotti would want someone suited to the assistant role like Clement was. Not sure Ferguson is there.

I just think touting Ferguson for manager or assistant is a bit short-sighted and getting carried away. We dont really know what level Ferguson is at with his coaching. His ability to suddenly drive the team and playing for each other is clearly evident, but tactically. we know little other than he likes a 4-4-2 and to counter.

I didn't mean to be dismissive @Brownie if that's how it comes across. Just people are (understandably) getting a bit excited .

Broadly I agree, we don't know much about Ferguson in this kind of role. But we do know he's fully qualified and has done the hard yards in the youth teams to get to be a first-team coach, and, as you say, looks to be a good motivator.

I don't think he's ready to be manager either, but at the same time when you have club stalwarts like him you either have to use them or lose them - as in fully embrace them or get rid of them. There's no halfway, as we've seen with previous managers who have almost just kept him around for the sake of it.

We keep hearing that Moshiri and Kenwright are mulling over the next appointee. They hired Brands supposedly to manage this. How is an accountant or a theater impresario remotely qualified to do that? You hired the guy, let him do his job or quit with the shenanigans.

The simpering Echo, keep pushing the agenda, why don't they for once ask? Why have you hired a man that you evidently have no trust in?

It's a chain of command. The bottom line is they keep hiring inept appointees and abandon them, when things go south.

Evertonians have put up with this for decades, while our neighbors despite their tribulations have gone from strength to strength. I don't resent their success, however there is absolutely no reason why our club should be the second club in the city.

It's incompetence and a betrayal pure and simple. Get someone in who knows football and the Board should sit back and enjoy the proposed investment in the dock. Then we'll see a successful Everton.
What we keep hearing and what is actually going on could very well be 2 different things. Every manager in the world has been linked to us in the media.

Imo Not the right fit for us at this moment in time, our squad isn’t good enough for him to come in and be successful quick. There’s still at least a years squad building to do.

Broadly I agree, we don't know much about Ferguson in this kind of role. But we do know he's fully qualified and has done the hard yards in the youth teams to get to be a first-team coach, and, as you say, looks to be a good motivator.

I don't think he's ready to be manager either, but at the same time when you have club stalwarts like him you either have to use them or lose them - as in fully embrace them or get rid of them. There's no halfway, as we've seen with previous managers who have almost just kept him around for the sake of it.

Personally I've taken it as the club have said, we look after our own and have said he is part of the coaching staff, otherwise he'd have gone with other coaching teams when a manager has been sacked.

The longer he is interim the more we can get to learn. He can't be judged on the two games so far, as good as they have been, it's the home games against lesser clubs where the pressure is on us to do something that would be the real test, against a defensive team who make it hard.

Chelsea and United have been two free hits. Two free hits he has turned into 4 points to his credit, but it would be interesting to know how he would have fared against Norwich/Sheff Utd.

If this was happening you’d have thought there be a lot more being reported on it given he such a big name in the footballing world. One can hope but I just don’t think this a goer. I’d love it to happen though.

Imo Not the right fit for us at this moment in time, our squad isn’t good enough for him to come in and be successful quick. There’s still at least a years squad building to do.
It’s now or new and he’s perfect for us right now.. suddenly better players will want to come

Status
Not open for further replies.