Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
20191215165056.jpg

From a purely footballing perspective it was the right decision. He was doing nothing, we needed to kill time and press them more -- Niasse did this when he came on and won the ball a few times high up the pitch which could well have been the difference between a draw and a defeat. Calvert Lewin wasn't going to come off as he offered a proper outlet.

In terms of man-management time will tell. He didn't bollock him in public but obviously that is embarrassing and not ideal for a teenager desperate for form and confidence. However Moise Kean's self-esteem is secondary to us picking up points when we're so close to the bottom 3, so on balance, it was the right call for me.

Whats with the clubs obsession with giving useless bums chances?

Tosun and now Niasse all pulled out of obscurity - no wonder they never take the hint and move on.

Ok what did Kean do
Gave away three stupid fouls
Had to go liability. Unfortunately he will be done now

It’s evident to me, perhaps not to you, that this isn’t the first time that Dunc has admonished young Moise about his efforts and attitude.

Nor is it the first time the club has done so.

I think it’s obvious he sent him on the pitch with a clear instruction to press and hurry United’s defence, force errors, waste time and stop them pushing everyone forward in search of the winner.

He came on and, clearly by Ferguson’s standards, he didn’t do his teammates justice.

I can’t believe he’s being defended. 100% the correct decision.

Gonna have to agree to disagree here then because I'm just not having it at all

Oh I forgot we promised his mum

Just let him walk about then

In modern day football you can get away with what Duncan has done a handful of times before the players will revolt. This could have been let go and Dunc could have pulled him aside tomorrow and said you didn't follow my instructions so you are out of the matchday squad for x games, then some love to say he believes in him if he works harder and that would have been that. A public execution does nobody any good.

This was not what Brands was thinking when he promised his mum that we'll look after him. Any confidence will have drained away now, we knew he already had issues and this is the final nail in the coffin. He'll now be a further disruption at the club until he is binned off for a cut rate price.

If he came on at half time and there was still 20 or so minutes left then Dunc would have probably been justified to sub him but with a few minutes left it's just made a story of something that shouldn't have been.

On the contrary, I think it sent a loud and clear warning to us all: we’re no longer carrying passengers.

He's not going to come out and call him a lazy, ignorant, tactically naive Bell on camera is he?
Subbing him off was a clear message, regardless of form the minimum requirement is you give 100%, if you can't do that you don't play...
The lad clearly has talent, if he could just match Dom's desire and effort we'd have a serious player on our hands, it's down to him now

It’s evident to me, perhaps not to you, that this isn’t the first time that Dunc has admonished young Moise about his efforts and attitude.

Nor is it the first time the club has done so.

I think it’s obvious he sent him on the pitch with a clear instruction to press and hurry United’s defence, force errors, waste time and stop them pushing everyone forward in search of the winner.

He came on and, clearly by Ferguson’s standards, he didn’t do his teammates justice.

I can’t believe he’s being defended. 100% the correct decision.
That’s not what Ferguson said.

He's not going to come out and call him a lazy, ignorant, tactically naive Bell on camera is he?
Subbing him off was a clear message, regardless of form the minimum requirement is you give 100%, if you can't do that you don't play...
The lad clearly has talent, if he could just match Dom's desire and effort we'd have a serious player on our hands, it's down to him now
No but he could have said “he wasn’t doing enough for me”

But of course we have no idea whether that normally happens do we? For all you know silva might have been a tyrant behind closed doors, but it never stopped people complaining that he needed to do more of it. People say we’re not ruthless because they don’t see it happening. Now they have seen it happen and they don’t like it.

Absolutely agree. Pandering to the fans by putting on a show in this way, in the name of showing everyone how ruthless he is, is bad management in my eyes. Agree to disagree on this one I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.