Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are definitely in safe hands until a new permanent Manager is appointed no matter how long it takes. Moshy and co need to take their time and only appoint a top class man. It would be absolutely pointless bringing in someone like Moyes or the like who wouldn't do as good a job as Duncan is doing.

Well done big man.

Once the novelty wears off its essentially Alladyce football but with more commitment from the players.

Good to get points on the board in the wake of the Silva debacle but to improve going forward we really need a top coach.

We can still pass a ball. And also have about 6 seniors out.

We will see what he is about against Burnley and Newcastle. If he can set us up to keep the ball and play with the ball on deck a bit more then I am sure we will all be impressed. Not sure we can out Burnley Burnley, they're really the best Burnley.

Remember going to bottom of the table West Brom and playing 9 at the back, hoofing it at every opportunity and not having a single shot on goal

it’s clearly nothing like it

Because its the novelty

- different formation
- two up top
- passionate manager on the back of dour Silva
- legend ex player on the touchline

As I said if we gave him the gig full time it wont be long before we are drawing games at home 1-1 against galoot sides like Palace and Newcastle with the fans desperate to see us doing some incisive passing to open them up not long ball after long ball that keeps coming back.

We saw today with Maguire it doesnt work - it worked at Chelsea because the atmosphere was bouncing at home and chelsea's CB's didnt want a battle.

Made up with 4 points but all im saying is fans wanting Dunc given the job full time need to give their heads a shake.

Going forward we need a manager who can have us competing.

One thing after 17mins of being on the field. And he was out of breath.

Iwobi and Richy still had enough in the tank (Iwobi made De Gea pull a good save, Richy still trying to take on Wan Bisaka on 80+mins).

Of course a questionable sub. But an awful one? We got a point. Managers are there to make decisions. He got a result

it is definitely awful man management. I’ve seen Schneiderlin, a season “professional” who did worst and receive less “punishment”. It’s one thing to criticise and discipline but this substitution is leaning heavily towards humiliation.

Because its the novelty

- different formation
- two up top

As I said if we gave him the gig full time it wont be long before we are drawing games at home 1-1 against galoot sides like Palace and Newcastle with the fans desperate to see us doing some incisive passing to open them up not long ball after long ball that keeps coming back.

We saw today with Maguire it doesnt work - it worked at Chelsea because the atmosphere was bouncing at home and chelsea's CB's didnt want a battle.

Made up with 4 points but all im saying is fans wanting Dunc given the job full time need to give their heads a shake.

mate nobody is saying give him the job, but comparing the brand of football to what the fat man offered is a ridiculous statement

He has done exactly what has been asked of him so far. The team is now playing with passion and a desire to try and win,both of those things have been missing in recent months. He is also playing a formation that suits the players he has at his disposal.
I think it is far too early to tell whether he is good enough for the job on a permanent basis. In the meantime let’s just enjoy the ride.

Because its the novelty

- different formation
- two up top

I’m of the opinion that if we can’t find a decent replacement over the next few weeks and the types of managers that we are left with are the likes of David Moyes then I will have no problem at all with Ferguson being given the job until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.