Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need confidence to work hard. No excuse. Get in the bin.
Spot on. If you lack confidence, what you can do is put in a massive shift
You call him over and tell him to do more first while on the pitch, I didn't see Dunc do that, it's up to Kean now how he wants to take it, I hope Dunc has a chat with him and gives his reasons then the lad knows the score.
I’m certain “doing more” has been a constant message in the past two weeks coming from the manager. I’m sure that was instructed prior to coming on. If that needs reminding again after ten minutes, I can see even more clearly why he was subbed.

I’m sure Dunc will have a word with him and that he will get another opportunity.

Absolute nonsense that mate. I get that people are desperate for Kean to turn out to be a great player (I am too), but the reality is he didn't look arsed today. I don't care who the manager is it's their right to pull a player for not looking like he wants to be on the pitch.
I agree with every word you type.

My point (albeit poorly made) was if one month ago Silva made the same sub he'd have been absolutely crucified.

We don't know what Kean is like day to day.
He has offered the square root of cock all in 4 months.

Ferguson has told him in front of millions that he is not good enough.

How he responds from that is key. We discuss on here constantly the merits of Schniederlin, Walcott and Sigurdsson amongst others. They have been guilty of many poor performances, Morgan inparticular.

They all worked tirelessly last week. That was what is expected. Certainly what I demand as a fan. Confidence and quality play will come as the team gains momentum.

This season has been an absolute car crash. If we can come out the other side with an identity and an ethos going forward, then that is progress.

Be that with a motivated Kean or having sold him on. I don't care, as currently he offers nothing other than arriving with an imaginary reputation of being a striker.

You could see last week, Duncan has a strong affinity with and affection for the players. He’s attitude towards Kean tells me something up with the boy and the iron fisted treatment was both justified and necessary.

Showing strong leadership this way is Duncan. If you think it’s poor management then do you think Pep is a poor manager the way he’s treated Hart? Or how he treated Stones who couldn’t get a game when City were down to only him fit as CD??

We have repeatedly said we’re too nice a club and nice guys don’t finish first. We want to change that culture we start with a strong manager.

...imagine if Silva had done that to Kean.

Lots of folk on here want him to be given a run of games.

i‘ve been critical of Kean but I thought that decision was very wrong. Interesting if folk who blamed Silva for Kean’s demise, criticise Ferguson in the same way. I somehow doubt it.

Interesting if all of those posters still feel Kean should start before DCL. I somehow doubt it.

It’s bizarre if all has been well with Kean up to this point - it hasn’t.

It’s not bizarre because this lads attitude and work ethic has clearly been, at the absolute best, questionable for as long as he has been here (and long before by most accounts).

Starting to see why we got such a “bargain” now and why other clubs wouldn’t touch him.

Rightio ;)

Everton boss Duncan Ferguson expands a little more on his decision to substitute Moise Kean after just 18 minutes: "I thought he had not quite got into the pace of the game.

"Also, I have so many attackers on the bench I just needed to make a change to waste a bit of time. It is nothing to do with the player."

____

Sorry Dunc, but that's not good management. Hope you learn from this as you have done a great job so far.

He's not though is he chief?

If you think Delph will come anywhere near to matching Neville’s contribution to Everton then I can’t help you. Neville was by far the better player.

I can remember Neville getting a bit of stick for pointing and giving his teammates instructions, well that beats calling all his teammates crap before scoring an own goal for the opposition five minutes later in my book.

Delph is crap, and Neville was a much better player.

It’s a “no” from me. Given Kean’s career with us to date, Dunc had to know that hooking him like this would be the end for him. With that in mind, did the punishment really fit the crime?? He should know if Kean is unfit from training but he’s sent him on anyway.

It’s poor man management and I also think it’ll cost us a few bob in the transfer negotiations because he’ll be pushing for a move now.

The thing is the "kid" thing doesn't wash for me. He's a 25 million pound signing on fantastic wages and wants first team football I'd assume. It's 22 men on the pitch when you get out there and all are equal, no quarter given and no allowances made.

If a 16 year old kid makes his debut in the mens game for the first time even in amateur football he has NO allowances given to him, believe me!! Duncan saw something he didn't like and acted. Good decision.

There was multiple posts in the match thread saying he looked like he was blowing out of his arse before he got dragged off

Guessing he's been half arsed in training as well and his fitness is well off

Status
Not open for further replies.