Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having Real Madrid third in the table is unacceptable to be fair. Any manager would get sacked for that.

I would say Emery is a better manager currently but everyone seems to think he is rubbish now too so...
Maybe so mate. But I'd still hardly describe somebody as "not a very good manager" because they sat third in the league table.

It doesn't matter if we get Benitez or Emery in, the hipsters have already decided that both are crap. All those trophies they've both won where all down to luck!

They have 9 more points than they had at this time last season.

Well I heard it on the radio this morning anyway....

True, and Bruce has them on a bit of a run at the minute but Benitez had a negative net spend last year, where Bruce has been given almost £40m to sign the likes of Joelinton, Saint Maximin and Carroll, all of whom have won them points this season.

In terms of assists and goals, those 3 alone make up for that 9 point differential.

Maybe so mate. But I'd still hardly describe somebody as "not a very good manager" because they sat third in the league table.

It doesn't matter if we get Benitez or Emery in, the hipsters have already decided that both are crap. All those trophies they've both won where all down to luck!
I'd say it's the opposite of being hipster to say we shouldn't appoint them actually. It's hipster to say Emery is a genius who isn't appreciated by the heathen English masses. It's normal to say that appointing a manager who has literally just been sacked by a team we're supposedly trying to compete with, with fans complaining about him doing all the same things that we've complained about our recent managers doing, would be a pretty underwhelming thing to do.

I’ve read all the yays and nays on here, this is my take......
1. re Benitez, the point made about ‘lose a game or two on the trot and the atmosphere would turn toxic’. Definitely.
2. thinking about whatever manager a, b or c has won in his career, at what point does anyone literally become too old for the job? e.g. would Everton fans accept a 72-year old manager? (Roy H) I doubt it. Does age matter?

True, and Bruce has them on a bit of a run at the minute but Benitez had a negative net spend last year, where Bruce has been given almost £40m to sign the likes of Joelinton, Saint Maximin and Carroll, all of whom have won them points this season.

In terms of assists and goals, those 3 alone make up for that 9 point differential.

??????

They've got 2 goals between them? And Bruce lost Perez and Rondon??????????

They have 9 more points than they had at this time last season.

Well I heard it on the radio this morning anyway....

They also have 2 years of mid table stability in the Premier League and a solid backbone of a team which was created and drilled in to them by Rafael. Bruce has openly admitted that what he was doing was failing at the start of the season as the squad was too well drilled in to Rafael's system, so he's had to use Rafas system and tweak it to his style.

How are Bruce's signings working out? Joelinton who Rafael wouldn't sanction a move for and said he's not even worth 20m, let alone 40m,which is part of the reason why Rafael wouldn't sign the new deal which was offered to him. Who did Rafael want again, was it Tammy Abraham by any chance, how's he working out?

I'd say it's the opposite of being hipster to say we shouldn't appoint them actually. It's hipster to say Emery is a genius who isn't appreciated by the heathen English masses. It's normal to say that appointing a manager who has literally just been sacked by a team we're supposedly trying to compete with, with fans complaining about him doing all the same things that we've complained about our recent managers doing, would be a pretty underwhelming thing to do.
You're obviously entitled to your opinion mate but I couldn't disagree more.

I think it an extremely hipster attitude to dismiss managers like Benitez and Emery and Mourinho here as though they weren't good enough for us!

Us?! Everton Football Club, the club that hasn't won a trophy since 1995 and our fans are dismissing manager's who've won more trophies in the last few years then we've won in the last fifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.