January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of outgoings, the only squad member that would be expendable and capable of arousing interest and raising a fee worth talking about would be Cenk Tosun.

We can always improve on what we've got...:p
Agreed. But Mitrovic is 25 and Europa League at best. He isn't the kind of can't miss player that makes it ok to throw off the squad balance. Unless somehow we can get Lacazette or something I'd suggest selling at least Niasse and Tosun before looking for a new center forward.

Agreed. But Mitrovic is 25 and Europa League at best. He isn't the kind of can't miss player that makes it ok to throw off the squad balance. Unless somehow we can get Lacazette or something I'd suggest selling at least Niasse and Tosun before looking for a new center forward.
What do you think Mitrovic would cost us?

from who exactly? Don't think Wrexham have that sort of money.

I agree that he isn't going to be easy to flog, but if you look at the squad he's the only expendable player with a value worth talking about. Any other expendable players, like Niasse, aren't going to fetch a penny.

What do you think Mitrovic would cost us?
I really don't know but that isn't really my concern. We have Richarlison, DCL and Kean who are all younger than him already. Richarlison and Dom figure to both score more goals this season than Mitrovic got last year with Fulham. Kean can't even get a game already and he's supposed to be one of our best prospects. We spent 35m or whatever on him. I don't even think I'd do Mitrovic on a free.

If 4-4-2 with Rich and DCL was the future then we should really go for someone like Dwight McNeil on the left.
He’s actually quite good from what I’ve seen. Won’t be available in January but I’d be on board in the summer assuming we continue with the approach you mention. He’d add more youth too.

If we could get 15m for Klassen, there’s gotta be some club in Germany that would shell out similar cash for Cenk based on his international record. Hopefully at least? Wages would be a barrier though...

I'd actually say we could get close to 20m for Tosun. He's 28 going on 29 so he's probably got a good 3-4 years left in him at the top level (let's face it, he hardly busts a gut running 12km a game), and in the right league where pace perhaps isn't the be-all and end-all, he would be quite prolific, as his record in Turkey suggests.

As you say, wages would be a barrier, also he seems determined to try and stay in England. I could see a European club paying decent money for him, but surely the likes of Palace would be a bit stupid to offer 20m for a player who hasn't exactly been a roaring success for us.

I'd actually say we could get close to 20m for Tosun. He's 28 going on 29 so he's probably got a good 3-4 years left in him at the top level (let's face it, he hardly busts a gut running 12km a game), and in the right league where pace perhaps isn't the be-all and end-all, he would be quite prolific, as his record in Turkey suggests.

As you say, wages would be a barrier, also he seems determined to try and stay in England. I could see a European club paying decent money for him, but surely the likes of Palace would be a bit stupid to offer 20m for a player who hasn't exactly been a roaring success for us.

We aint getting 20m for Tosun mate, unless somebody was shamefully desperate and even then they would be beyond stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.