Nico Kovac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its well publicised when reading about him that he deliberately rests the 1st 11 before/after cup games and plays the other squad members and youth in the league those times.

They may be a big club but arent wealthy, i think Flamengos squad is a lot more expensive for example.

Easy to forget that they were relegated in 2011 and he took over and made them the best side in South America for the past few years.

Imagine that the bloke is 43 and won the league in Uruguay at the first attempt, took some time off and then turned River Plate into the best side on the continent.

43 and the best manager in their history.

It would be a coup.

Kovac on the other hand, saved Eintracht from relegation and got to 11th and 8th + a cup. Then 3 trophies at bayern before it collapsed.

I see why some want Kovac but for me its high risk.

You are saying this like I wouldn't have Gallardo. I would. I don't need convincing.

Just dismissing Kovacs record though and having him down as a bigger risk than a manager who has not even managed in Europe doesn't sit right with me though. They are both good candidates but also both risky. As is any managerial appointment. Even he manager deemed as our safe pair of hands has had a relegation on his CV recently.

Niko Kovac, the former Bayern Munich manager who won recently the german domestic treble in 18-19, is the same ilk as Marco 'never-come-from-behind' Silva, Ronald Koeman, who did okay with southampton for a bit, and some fella who won the FA cup and got relegated in the same season?

Meanwhile, you want us to get Arteta in, who somehow fits the bill but Niko doesn't.

Surely a troll.

Bayern Munich? Is that the team he inherited off the best manager in the world? The team that my 11 year old could have won the domestic treble with? Yeah what a guy he is get him in straight away. Also the Mikel Arteta shout was due to him being tutored by the most versatile manager on the planet so please explain what your wombling on about

You are saying this like I wouldn't have Gallardo. I would. I don't need convincing.

Just dismissing Kovacs record though and having him down as a bigger risk than a manager who has not even managed in Europe doesn't sit right with me though. They are both good candidates but also both risky. As is any managerial appointment. Even he manager deemed as our safe pair of hands has had a relegation on his CV recently.

Not at all, im just sharing my view.

I think management at the top level in South America and his trophies show a lot more than Kovac who has done well in Frankfurt but not an amazing job.

Bayern i think his downfall has been well publicised...they class him as a motivator and poor at other things like training and tactics.

Who knows...im just not impressed

Goal lol

The media just cant accept any half decent manager or player linked with us so start linking them to any "top 6" side.

Dont know why people fall for it - Arsenal and Kovac where not in the same sentence until he rocked up at Goodison yesterday.

Goal lol

The media just cant accept any half decent manager or player linked with us so start linking them to any "top 6" side.

Dont know why people fall for it - Arsenal and Kovac where not in the same sentence until he rocked up at Goodison yesterday.
We interviewed some good candidates before Koeman was chosen. Managers who would have taken this job on. People need to have faith in the pulling power of the PL + a club of this size: the biggest outside the elite clubs.

We interviewed some good candidates before Koeman was chosen. Managers who would have taken this job on. People need to have faith in the pulling power of the PL + a club of this size: the biggest outside the elite clubs.

Ive said for a while we offer a decent wage and transfer kitty probably better than most sides in world football based on recent spending.

I just want someone proven in a decent league - the likes of Pereira and Gallardo need to be left alone. They are gambles and we can not afford to take any more on these fancy punts from sub par leagues.

Terrible manager, are you out of mind? Never treated this news as anything serious

I've no idea who he is but his name seems an amalgam of Kim Novak the 50s and 60s actress who initiated my path into lechery so maybe he's ok. Here she is advertising helmet polish

Ive said for a while we offer a decent wage and transfer kitty probably better than most sides in world football based on recent spending.

I just want someone proven in a decent league - the likes of Pereira and Gallardo need to be left alone. They are gambles and we can not afford to take any more on these fancy punts from sub par leagues.
Any more? When have we ever done that?Our last 3 permanent managers all came directly from other premier league clubs...Problem is, aside from Koeman, they’d both failed at them. Perhaps a manager from an outside league is exactly what we need.

Bayern Munich? Is that the team he inherited off the best manager in the world? The team that my 11 year old could have won the domestic treble with? Yeah what a guy he is get him in straight away. Also the Mikel Arteta shout was due to him being tutored by the most versatile manager on the planet so please explain what your wombling on about

He didn't inherit anything from pep. He took over from heynceks... Who too over from ancelott.

How are Bayern doing this season? Winning the bundesliga isn't as straight forward as it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.