Nico Kovac

Status
Not open for further replies.
An also the way he spoke after the match, Wouldn’t put his name forward for the job... said several times himself “only today” “world class manager” ( as long as he doesn’t class Moyes as that)

we could of course both be totally wrong as this is EVERTON after all
Yes, I agree. It could mean nothing. But the board have said one game and not addressed the matter beyond that, and as you say Ferguson himself sounded resigned to that and was talking up the potential to work under a top manager.

The target is there and identified - whether it's Gallardo or not who knows.

Marco Rose is the new favourite. Top of German league and did a great job at his previous club. Don't know much about him
Hutter's another one they may be looking at. Ex Red Bull manager now with Frankfurt.

I think the source of Brands targets will be from clubs like that. Maybe his fellow Dutchman, Peter Bosz.

They got a league title and a cup out of it, like.
He won the treble.

Treble at Bayern...then imploded with the strong rumours that they won despite the awful clueless management.

Smacks of Koeman at Valencia...

They finished 16th the season before he came didn't he?

May well have done...

I would prefer Robert Moreno former Spanish National Team who hasn't team now because Luis Enrique doesn't want him as a second. Luis Enrique said that he is too ambicious and I think Everton need a manager like him.

I think Enrique meant that Moreno is 'ambitious' in the sense that he tried to steal Enriques job.

Treble at Bayern...then imploded with the strong rumours that they won despite the awful clueless management.

Smacks of Koeman at Valencia...

May well have done...

I think Enrique meant that Moreno is 'ambitious' in the sense that he tried to steal Enriques job.

It wasn't Enrique's job to steal though; Enrique stepped down for Moreno then decided he wanted it back. Luis Enrique is a massive nobhead.

It wasn't Enrique's job to steal though; Enrique stepped down for Moreno then decided he wanted it back. Luis Enrique is a massive nobhead.

He took a sabbatical because his daughter was extremely sick. He was still making the selections for the squad. The agreement was always he would come back for the Euros. Then when he wanted to step back in, Moreno went behind his back to the federation and told them he wanted to coach the Euros. So he fired him.

He took a sabbatical because his daughter was extremely sick. He was still making the selections for the squad. The agreement was always he would come back for the Euros. Then when he wanted to step back in, Moreno went behind his back to the federation and told them he wanted to coach the Euros. So he fired him.

No: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ed-robert-moreno-spain-disloyal-no2-euro-2020

"Moreno had taken temporary charge after Luis Enrique suddenly left the Spain team camp in March following news that his daughter Xana was seriously ill. Although he continued to manage the team from a distance with Moreno taking his place on the bench, in June Luis Enrique announced that he was stepping down. Moreno was handed the job and given a contract until the end of Euro 2020, although Rubiales said that was always on the understanding that Luis Enrique could return. His daughter died on 29 August."

I think its clear Moreno was at fault...

No: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ed-robert-moreno-spain-disloyal-no2-euro-2020

"Moreno had taken temporary charge after Luis Enrique suddenly left the Spain team camp in March following news that his daughter Xana was seriously ill. Although he continued to manage the team from a distance with Moreno taking his place on the bench, in June Luis Enrique announced that he was stepping down. Moreno was handed the job and given a contract until the end of Euro 2020, although Rubiales said that was always on the understanding that Luis Enrique could return. His daughter died on 29 August."

My mistake then.

Thanks.

Key point 'Enrique could return'...

Status
Not open for further replies.