Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart in the mouth when Keane tried to assist them with a goal, but apart from that our defending was sound. Pickford nothing to, which is how we like it.

Schneiderlin looked a player out there. Can he perform next week to the same standard?

Sigurdsson was poor, again anonymous with zero impact on the game. Shame we're just so low on numbers in that area. Really never seen anything like it, first three choices crocked and left to just patch some kind of midfield together.

Walcott troubles teams, but he's just absolutely nowhere near good enough when it matters. He'll not change. I'd like him nowhere near our team. Get Bernard in.

Two up front was extremely refreshing, and Calvert Lewin, who in my opinion definitely didn't deserve to start the game after his recent performances, had a decent impact and most importantly put the ball in the net. That'll do his confidence no end of good.

Finally, really loving this Sidibe-Richarlison partnership. Is that three times they've linked up now in virtually identical circumstances?

Great first game from Duncan. Loved his passion and the crowd's reaction. Much needed.

You know it’s a good day when Morgan snides looks slightly passionate about a goal
52D66C45-8DBE-4DAA-BBC0-EB05C2464FCD.jpeg

One thing that stood out to me about the 1st half is that our central midfield is still a huge weakness. We definitely need a more dominating presence in the middle and nothing about that 1st half changed my mind. On to watch the 2nd.

Two lovely things that instantly were evident.

Two up top

No messing about at goal kicks. Long from Pickford and got us up the field time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.