Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This had be 4-3-3 against Chelsea’s midfield. That pairing it just suicidal, and actually imagine playing them two and not Davies. No chance we get anything out of this.

He might be trying to do what Silva did in his first game vs Chelsea, put Sig on their creative midfielder all game. It worked then (vs Jorginho), but not sure it will against Kovacevic or Mount.

Who knows.

Maybe Ferguson has a good relationship with Fraderlin and Siggurdfraud. May get them putting tackles in and battling. I don't quite believe its 4-4-2 like the BBC are saying though. Would imagine Iwobi willbe central and Richarlison wide, in either a 4231 or 433

That's what it is for sure, but I can't for the life of me understand why he thinks that midfield pairing will work. The only player who's a natural in his position in that entire midfield four is Schneiderlin and he's also naturally crap at it - Walcott and Iwobi aren't wide midfielders; they are wingers/inside forwards.

I don't know what Sigurdsson is because the word 'footballer' doesn't seem to describe him.

... I dunno, just hoping for the best I guess but that's a miserable teamsheet on paper. Hopefully a front two plays to DCL's strengths in linking play, Richarlison can be a nuisance off the ball and Sigurdsson can get up from deep to support - e.g do his job for a change.

The midfield does not give me confidence. I'm not sure what Sigurdsson offers off the ball.

I'm just hoping that Dunc can some how get a reaction out of our players. Any manager who can motivate them to put 100% effort in for 90 minutes will have us comfortably mid table.

Ferguson explained Davies is fatigued.

I also think he's been very poor - cost us Leicester and was well off it vs Liverpool.

Any manager is really limited.

Could see the issue in centre midfield a mile off - bad recruitment;

Status
Not open for further replies.