Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm OK with one of the axis of doom starting if we have no choice.

But not both.

I'd have anyone from the under 23s in instead of playing Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin in the same side, and I'd certainly have Davies in.

I'd have gone with Schneiderlin and Davies as two defensive mids with Davies a bit of licence to get forward, with Kean up front, Iwobi the number 10, Richarlison and Bernard either side. Try and get in behind them with a bit of pace.

But instead we've gone with the Icelandic ghost and the most ineffectual striker the world has ever seen.

Davies, Siggy and Schneiderlin are all as bad as each other.

Bernard probably not ready to start.

This had be 4-3-3 against Chelsea’s midfield. That pairing it just suicidal, and actually imagine playing them two and not Davies. No chance we get anything out of this.

Ok he hasn’t passed the team selection test. He can pull it back by making them play. He’s giving himself a mountain. Over to you Big Man

I don’t even know how anyone could defend that centre of the park pairing. It’s like nobody has watched us at all this season to see what’s about to happen. Groundhog Day every game day with this club.

It looked like 4-4-2 to me.

Sidibe Keane Holgate Digne

Walcott Sig Schneiderlin Iwobi

Rico DCL

That's what it is for sure, but I can't for the life of me understand why he thinks that midfield pairing will work. The only player who's a natural in his position in that entire midfield four is Schneiderlin and he's also naturally crap at it - Walcott and Iwobi aren't wide midfielders; they are wingers/inside forwards.

I don't know what Sigurdsson is because the word 'footballer' doesn't seem to describe him.

... I dunno, just hoping for the best I guess but that's a miserable teamsheet on paper. Hopefully a front two plays to DCL's strengths in linking play, Richarlison can be a nuisance off the ball and Sigurdsson can get up from deep to support - e.g do his job for a change.

It’s obvious dunc is part of the squad problem if he doesn’t see it. He can go along with Sigurdsson and Scherderlin. He’s 100% not helping the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.