Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he did well in the press conference, very honest, humble and passionate. First one i have enjoyed watching this season. Definitely behind him tomorrow.

As for him deserving legendary stats, it is a no brainer for me. Of course he does. I have nothing but great memories watching him and it was always 100% passion and work rate no matter what and he got the whole team and crowd psyched up and raring to go. His presence on the pitch alone terrified most opponents. Hell he even scared us and he was on our side. We have been missing a Duncan Ferguson type figure in the team for a long time now. You just cannot buy that sort of passion and character no matter how much you pay someone a week.

Duncan was often a beam of light in an otherwise grey scene. We all knew what we'd get with him on the pitch; commitment, aggression, desire and as someone else said earlier a "boxer's chance" of doing something special. In a time of bland footballers he was something of a one-off; something we could be proud of - I hope he can instil a little of the "Duncan magic" into the players and we come away with the win.

Be interesting to see his first team selection.
Only so much he can change though without a single decent DM & only Mina half decent CB.

I’d like to see Keane, Schneiderlin & Sigurdsson not even in the squad, but wouldn’t be surprised to see them start.
I understand where you are coming from but I think he’s got limited options tomorrow, if every player was fit it would most certainly be interesting, I can’t see him starting with Schneiderlin though, prob just make him sit on the bench and give Davies a chance to put right some poor performances in last 2 games.

Thought he did well in the press conference, very honest, humble and passionate. First one i have enjoyed watching this season. Definitely behind him tomorrow.

As for him deserving legendary stats, it is a no brainer for me. Of course he does. I have nothing but great memories watching him and it was always 100% passion and work rate no matter what and he got the whole team and crowd psyched up and raring to go. His presence on the pitch alone terrified most opponents. Hell he even scared us and he was on our side. We have been missing a Duncan Ferguson type figure in the team for a long time now. You just cannot buy that sort of passion and character no matter how much you pay someone a week.

Here here

Reactions: Lob

He was good at the press conference, exactly as you said. He nailed the problem of confidence, you win nothing without it. The RS could put of a team of tea ladies and expect to win. I know people don’t want to hear it, but it was only a build up of confidence that built our last great team, the same players were in place and failing.

I hope Dunc gets a fantastic reception and that the crowd get behind the team, I’m sure he will have fired them up....

The one common denominator with the last batch of managers is that Big Dunc has been on the bench with them all. Maybe he's been subtly undermining them waiting for his big chance. Well, big man, you've now got it and no matter for how long you've got to get that side to step up to the plate and dig us out of this mess. I doubt you've backed down from a fight in your life - probably started most - so the best of luck. You're gonna need it!

Be interesting to see his first team selection.
Only so much he can change though without a single decent DM & only Mina half decent CB.

I’d like to see Keane, Schneiderlin & Sigurdsson not even in the squad, but wouldn’t be surprised to see them start.
End of the day we're short due to injuries. Wouldn't be surprised to see a similar set up to previous weeks. Playing a load of untested youth is Fifa pipe dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.