Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duncan Ferguson song was the only one I could remember the words for. It went Duncan, Duncan Ferguson, Duncan Duncan Fergusson, Duncan Duncan Ferguson etc etc. Do you get the rhythm?

yes perhaps not enough but that was down to himself. mind you it was many years ago and I could be wrong but my overall memory is of a mediocre player in a bad side who had a bad disciplinary and injury record.
This.

lolwut?

Shame you never saw him play - very gifted footballer. You can talk about not meeting his potential, being injury prone etc but he was a long long way from average.

Course plenty of people think he was just a thuggish alehouse player, but that's people who only read about football on the internet. No one who saw him play firsthand thinks that.
I watchded him play week in week out mate. Unplayable in the air...when he bothered to show up and perform. The rest of it was utter medicority.

His legend status is for those who are impressed by fellers who have a hard man reputation...probably to make up for their own inadequacies.

Ferguson and Jeffers even now would be more dangerous upfront than Calvert Lewin.
Ferguson only scored more than 10 premier league goals once in 13 years and never sored more than 6 in his second spell here, Jeffers best is 6 over 12 years. I think people look back with distorted nostalgia when they talk about Duncan's playing career because he wore his heart on his sleeve.

You'll hate it at Goodison against Chelsea won't you mate, when the whole ground gives him a standing ovation. You will be the only one sat down in protest.
Standing ovation for a cone layer.

FFS, Fred the Doorman needs to take a bow too. Why leave that legend out?

Remember the roar when he scored in the Gladys St to beat our dear neighbours who I dare not call what I want to call them cos the words would be blotted out by the regulators, invigilators, guardians, censors or whatever they are called,

He is probably the best choice atm, he knows the squad and will be willing to kick a few arses and tell a few home truths.

Wish him the best of luck. Christmas has come early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.